Posted on Dec. 4, 2017
Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Disability Insurance, 401K
Goodwill Industries has exciting new career opportunities this fall! Most people think of Goodwill as just a thrift store, but our business is really about changing lives. Our employees make our community a better place and everyone, regardless of position, plays a role in the success of our mission. We hire individuals committed to excellence and to providing much needed services in our community. We focus on abilities, not disabilities to generate revenue and support this mission and help people identify and gain meaningful work. Take the first step to join our team.
An application MUST be completed and submitted in order to be considered for employment.
Now seeking Store Managers in Tulsa, OK.
SALARY: Dependent on experience, negotiable
• Company paid basic term life
• Paid time off
• Voluntary medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, 401k
Manages all phases of the operation of the store in accordance with Goodwill policies and provides an optimum shopping environment for its customers.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Responsible for the sales, profit and marketing plan of assigned store. Evaluates sales results against plan and inventory levels and takes appropriate action as necessary. Controls costs related to store operations in accordance with budgeted allowance.
• Ensures that proper merchandising, visual displays, and space allocation are in accordance with merchandising plans.
• Interviews, trains, and supervises employees. Maintain the confidentiality of the employee. Conducts regular monthly store meetings, which include focus on safety in store operations.
• Provide friendly, courteous customer service and satisfaction.
• Supports the mission of Goodwill by exhibiting a willingness to employ and supervise persons with barriers to employment.
• Verifies quantity, quality and dollar value of merchandise received in the store. Evaluates pricing of goods and makes and reports any necessary adjustments.
• Determines the value and price of merchandise such as housewares, shoes, and books.
• Controls inventory and loss of merchandise. Takes appropriate action in preventing such losses.
• Ensures that a member of management is in charge of store operations in the absence of the store manager. Maintains security of all cash and store receipts. Arranges for daily deposits.
• Directs and monitors assistant managers and customer service managers in their assigned responsibility.
• Attends all in-service training sessions, including First Aid/CPR training.
• Ensure that all safety rules and regulations are followed.
• Maintains current certifications in First Aid and CPR and administers First Aid and CPR if required.
• Must have 4 (four) years retail management experience, preferably in retail apparel management. Must have strong visual merchandising skills. Must have insured vehicle to be used for store-related travel. Must have home or cell phone.
• Must be 21 years of age.
• Must have a valid resident state driver’s license, with a good driving record.
• Must be eligible for positive outcome on required resident state criminal conviction background check.
• Must maintain appropriate requirements for legal vehicle operation.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
EDUCATION AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Computer skills including scheduling and payroll software, Excel spreadsheets, Word documents and Outlook Mail. Technical skills for operation of cash registers and magnetic card readers and processing terminals.
• Decision-making skills related to personnel management, merchandising and customer service.
• Training is over a period up to and including 6 (six) months.
Clean background required.
INTERESTED? Take these steps in order to join our team:
• Click “Quick Apply” to submit your contact information.
• Acquire an application via our website, at any Goodwill store, donation center or at our Headquarters. You MUST fill out a Goodwill provided application in order to be considered for employment.
• Expect an email or phone call from a Recruiter. If being considered, you will be provided with next steps. Make sure you check your spam folder.
If you do not have access to a computer, we provide free access to computers and Internet at any of our Job Connection Centers.