Posted on Mar. 1, 2018
Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, 401k / Retirement Plan
Gordon Food Service Store, a retail division of Gordon Food Service, is now hiring Assistant Store Managers at our Illinois Rd. and Cross Creek Blvd. locations. Our Retail Store Assistant Manager assists with all aspects of Store Operations. She/he provides day-to-day prioritized direction to achieve key performance and financial objection. Our Store Assistant Manager collaborates with our Store Manager on directional and performance planning including annual budgeting of expense and sales planning.
We offer the best full-time schedule in retail. Our Store is open Monday to Saturday, from 7 AM to 8 PM, and Sundays from 12 PM to 5 PM.
• Holidays Off! We are CLOSED on Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year’s Day, and Easter
• Competitive Pay
• Advancement - current Assistant Managers are the first considered for Store Manager roles
• Benefits - After 30 days
• Employee Discounts - 10% off your purchases
Note: Please make sure you use a valid email so we can follow up with you and let you know what’s happening next in the process!
Education requirements• High School Diploma / Equivalent (required)
Experience requirements• Two (2) or more years of retail management experience with an emphasis on merchandising, inventory management and operational oversight
Qualifications• Successfully pass our hair drug screen, driving record and criminal background check requirements
• You must maintain a valid driver’s license and safe driving record per GFS policy
• You must be 18 years of age or older (required)
Responsibilities• Build a team! Interviewing, hiring, orientation, and training. Serve as a role model, mentor and resource. Initiating corrective action as needed
• Execute all supply chain/inventory management processes and procedures within the store
• Maintain merchandise ensure proper product rotation, proper food handling, receiving, and product quality, presentation and visual marketing/merchandising, execute planograms
• Determine needed initiatives in collaboration with store leadership by utilizing daily and weekly key performance indicators and financial reporting
• Oversee the external ordering process such as e-comm and express orders
• Assist Store Manager with the annual budgeting process for sales and expenses and analyzes monthly financial reporting, and address variances when necessary
• Support and execute on in-store promotional activities with a high level of engagement and oversight on promotions and merchandising direction
• Assess voice of customer data to identify customer experience trends for improvement while acknowledging and recognizing individual and store performance excellence
Skills• Excellent written and verbal communication, customer service skills and good organizational skills to represent the store and speak at minor functions
• Problem solving. May refer to established procedures and policies
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize
• Self-starter-be able to work independently when applicable
• Team Player
• Ability to work in fast-paced, retail environment
Helping grow careers since 1979 and no end in sight! Gordon Food Service Store, the retail division of Gordon Food Service, offers the fast pace of retail in an environment that will let you balance your life and foster development for future growth. Our 174 stores are the primary supplier for many small foodservice operators, including restaurants, churches, day care providers and other small businesses. We also assist our customers with their home and event-planning needs.