Posted on Nov. 28, 2016
Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, 401K
As a Store Manager you will create a team atmosphere where the Gordon Food Service values and philosophies flourish to help build and drive sales through the “customer is king” mentality. You will assume accountability for all facets of Gordon Food Service Store operations and ensure that the Gordon Food Service Store vision of providing superior customer service and restaurant quality foodservice product is achieved. The Store Manager also focuses on sales, as well as development of the management and sales associate team, ensuring that policies, procedures, facilities, and overall store operations are consistently maintained.
To apply please complete contact information and click 'Apply Now'. A link will then be provided that will direct you to the company website to complete the application process.
Additional Responsibilities will include:
• Provide hands-on leadership style, setting excellent work ethic example, a sense of urgency, and a positive attitude for assistant managers and sales associates.
• Manage the monthly Profit and Loss (P&L) and assist in the Annual Operating Plan (AOP) budgeting process. Take appropriate action and develop plans for performance improvements. Responsible for meeting and exceeding all financial indicators including sales, labor, margin, general expenses, and bottom line profit.
• Interview, hire, orient, train, and retain staff.
• Conduct performance monitoring of staff, personnel evaluations, initiating follow-through with disciplinary action and termination in consultation with Human Resources and District Manager when appropriate.
• Assist in developing capital and operational budget for the store.
• Provide the store management team with day-to-day direction including schedules, store priorities, leading manager meetings, and supporting the team with the execution and follow up of operations, sales and service, and merchandising programs in the store.
• Promote a store culture that focuses on driving sales through outside sales call efforts and creates a strong, in-store sales culture.
• Adhere to and support all policies and procedures of Gordon Food Service.
• Manage the maintenance and upkeep of the store.
• Taking on other duties as needed.
• High school diploma, Bachelor’s degree in business or related field preferred
• Minimum of 2 years experience as a Store Manager or General Manager in retail, grocery or foodservice
• Proficiency with spreadsheet, word processing, email and Internet programs
• Excellent customer service, organizational, public speaking and written/verbal communication skills
• Strong problem-solving, leadership and multitasking abilities
• Talent for driving sales with a "Customer is King" focus
What we offer our employees at Gordon Food Service:
• $5,000 starting bonus
• Well-defined career opportunities within our retail stores
• Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and prescription insurance
• Competitive compensation, including bonus opportunities
• Time off benefits
• Matching 401k program
• Profit sharing
• Tuition reimbursement
• Team-oriented, fun working environment
• Employee discounts
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. Gordon Food Service Store is a drug free workplace and drug tests all employees. All Gordon Food Service locations are tobacco free.