Posted on Oct. 14, 2016
*Meet our Hiring Managers in person.
*Speak with us on Wednesday, October 26, from 10am to 2pm.
*Click Apply now for the location address.
Aldi is hiring Store Associate, starting at $12/hr.
- To support management in achieving the company’s objectives by maximizing sales and controlling expenses.
- To fulfill his/her responsibilities in accordance with the company’s principles of leadership and organization, the ALDI Management System.
Essential Job Functions
1. Contact store management as appropriate regarding customers with problems or concerns.
2. Make suggestions to store management regarding issues that could impact productivity.
3. Inform store management of inventory loss due to inferior or damaged products.
4. Inform store management of product scanning problems or errors.
5. Provide feedback to the store manager on all products, including recommending new items to carry or products that should be discontinued.
Responsibility for Action
1. Adhere to the company’s customer satisfaction guidelines and demonstrate appropriate interactions with customers and co-workers.
2. Assist store management in achieving store appearance and maintenance standards to present a desirable image of ALDI.
3. Support store management in providing a safe environment for fellow employees, customers, and vendors by identifying and rectifying hazards and/or equipment in need of maintenance.
4. Assist store management in achieving store payroll goals.
5. Assist store management in achieving store total loss goals.
6. Adhere to inventory procedures and product handling guidelines.
7. Adhere to cash policies and procedures to minimize losses.
8. Comply with established policies and procedures, including those contained in the Store Employee Handbook, Store Procedures Manual and Customer Satisfaction Handbook.
1. Assist customers with problems or concerns.
2. Process customer purchases.
3. Perform general cleaning duties.
4. Stock shelves and displays neatly to maximize visibility and sales.
5. Return misplaced items to shelves.
6. Perform daily work assignments in a timely and effective manner.
7. Participate in taking store inventory counts according to guidelines.
Non-Essential Job Functions
1. Other responsibilities assigned by the store manager, manager trainee or shift manager.
- At least 18 years old with a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Prior work experience in a retail environment preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Ability to provide prompt and courteous customer service.
2. Ability to operate a cash register efficiently and accurately.
3. Ability to stock merchandise from store receiving to shelving; ability to place product, weighing up to 45 pounds, on shelving at various heights.
4. Ability to operate equipment including electric and manual hand jacks, floor scrubber and cardboard baler.
5. Ability to perform general cleaning duties to maintain store standards for cleanliness.
6. Knowledge of and ability to interpret and/or apply ALDI store policies and procedures.
7. Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing.
8. Ability to perform basic arithmetic such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
9. Ability to follow instructions and pay attention to detail.
10. Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
11. Ability to organize, prioritize and complete activities to maximize the total time available.
12. Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach, push, pull, lift, carry, and walk about the store.
May be required to handle and sell alcoholic beverages, and meet any state and local requirements for handling and selling alcoholic beverages.