Posted on Jun. 30, 2017
Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance
Job Title: STNA
Position Summary / Role and Purpose
The purpose of this job is to ensure residents receive appropriate personal care and are enabled to attain their optimum level of functioning.
• Accountable for resident care in conjunction with Unit Manager Supervisors, Charge Nurses and other disciplines within Center to ensure quality care.
• Observe residents within patient care policy guidelines and immediately report any conditions requiring attention to the Charge Nurse.
• Maintain resident room by changing bed linens and removing trash or food trays.
• Ensure appropriate grooming supplies are available in residents room.
• Ambulate and transfer residents as needed utilizing appropriate assistive devices and body mechanics.
• Record residents vital signs, weights, measurements, intake and output, food consumption and other information as assigned
• Perform range of motion and other Restorative Nursing Tasks assigned and developed per the POC and physician orders.
• Accountable for compliance, excellence, and delivery of resident care in adherence with organization, local, state and federal regulations.
• Records documentation and reporting related to residents care to ensure regulatory and organizational requirements in a timely and accurate manner.
• Reports any conditions and /or changes requiring attention to the charge nurse.
• Serves on the Continuous Quality Improvement and other Committees to ensure compliance with regulations and quality care for residents.
• Assures that the policies and procedures regarding confidentiality/rights of all residents and their care information are maintained.
• Fosters a positive work environment that attracts, retains and motivates top quality people throughout the organization.
• Uses appropriate strategies, processes, tools and sources to engage and motivate employees to achieve business objectives and positive morale.
• Displays ability to bring others together for a common purpose and objective in positive manner to achieve desired results.
• Completes daily assignments and report problems to Unit Manager and /or Charge Nurse.
• Communicates and works with Residents family and/or responsible party to develop positive relationship and ensure necessary information sharing, in coordination and under the direct supervision of the Nursing Management.
• Listens and responds to resident concerns, complaints, suggestions, questions and comments and informs management as necessary.
• Assures that the residents personal and private property rights are followed by staff at all times.
Interacts with residents to ensure that quality care and positive resident/staff relations are taking place.
• Maintains open and trust-building relationships with resident family members, responding professionally and promptly to any requests or concerns.
• 1-2 years experience in long term care and in the management of resident care.
• Technical experience with Patient Care/Management systems
• High School Diploma or GED
• Possess a Nursing Assistant Certification from the State of Ohio that is in good standing.
• 2-4 years experience in long term care and in the management of resident care.
• 2-4 years technical experience with Patient Care/Management systems.
Scheduled Hours Per Week
• Varied hours and shifts