Posted on Apr. 19, 2017
Full Time, Part Time
Skilled Staffing Solutions works with some of the leading healthcare facilities in Cincinnati and offers a wide range of exciting nursing opportunities. Whether you are looking for per-diem work or hospice care Skilled Staffing Solutions has the expertise to place qualified professionals LPN's in some of the most coveted healthcare facilities.
BASIC FUNCTION: responsible for the coordination and performance of nursing activities in his/her assigned section/unit during a designated shift. In the absence of other senior management, a Licensed Practical Nurse may be responsible for oversight of the facility during certain shifts.
EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS, CREDENTIALS: Has an active, in good standing, license as a Licensed Practical Nurse and graduated from an accredited school of nursing. Have strong organizational and time management skills. One-year professional nursing experience providing direct care to residents in long-term care.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The employee must be able to perform each essential function effectively to be successful in this position.
• Performs physical assessments of new admissions and of current residents as indicated by change in condition or as required by regulations.
• Completes assigned and required daily and weekly documentation including any ancillary assessment in conjunction with the MDS process.
• Provides direct patient care, administers medications and specialized treatment and diet to residents on unit as prescribed by physician orders and in compliance with facility policies and procedures. Receives and gives a comprehensive report on all residents.
• Modifies approaches to accommodate resident needs and preferences, manage their risk factors for functional decline, and improve their functional abilities.
• Reviews diet orders and other needs periodically with dietary services and other appropriate persons.
• Monitors restorative measures provided (range of motion, self-help skills, positioning, and transfers).
• Monitors skin care, measures/charts all wounds, and performs proper wound care as ordered.
• Keeps the Director of Nursing or Unit Manager informed of the status of residents and other related matters through verbal communication, written reports, or team meetings.
• Calls physicians promptly when required by regulations and nursing care policies and charts these contacts appropriately. Calls the Medical Director if neither attending physician or alternate can be reached.
• Makes rounds with physicians and implements any changes in orders after visits.
• Schedules lab tests, x-rays, and other diagnostic appointments as ordered.
• Administers injections as ordered and follows work practices to prevent needle sticks and procedures for proper disposal of hazardous waste.
• Reviews lab test results and notifies physician of same.
• Communicates and coordinates care and delivery of services with all disciplines.
• Constantly observes environment for cleanliness, safety and overall appearance and makes assignments to personnel or recommendations to nursing management for addressing findings and concerns.
• Current Physical
• TB within the past year
• BCI Check
• Current CPR
• Orientation and Testing
• Drug Screening
Employee payment is per-diem - hours will vary based on need
Click the "Apply Now" button to jump start your career today!