Posted on May. 10, 2017
This position is one of two supporting roles to the Controller. General responsibilities will include knowledge and interaction with Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, General Ledger, Cash Management, Accrual Accounting, Audits, Taxes, Payroll, Budgeting, Financial Statement Preparation, and Financial Analysis for a group of business entities.
• Competitive pay
• Great work environment
• Opportunity for advancement
• Medical insurance
• Dental Insurance
• 401K match
• Paid time off
• Employee training & development
• Rent concession
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not necessarily limited to, the following:
• General Ledger Analysis
• Journal Entries – All journal entries required for posting will be submitted to the Controller for approval
• Tax Processing
• Mortgage Processing
• Accrual Accounting – Accrual entries will be reviewed for necessity for all major expense items (payroll, utilities, taxes, insurance, lawn care, etc.) and recurring monthly items (phone, internet, advertising, etc.)
• Financial Statement Review – All statements to be reviewed and approved by the 5th business day of the succeeding month (exceptions allowed at year-end)
• Job Costing
• Fixed Assets
• Limited Partnership Reporting
• Homeowner Association Accounting
• Replacement Reserve Processing
• Cash and Bank Reconciliations – All reconciliations for the current month are to be completed by the 25th of the succeeding month.
• Budget Variance Analysis
• Other tasks and projects as necessary
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting from an accredited university required.
• Minimum of 2 years of professional experience in the Accounting field with a proven progression of responsibility.
• Property Management experience preferred, but not required.
• Knowledge of Yardi and Quick Books software is preferred.
• Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office is required, advanced knowledge is preferred.
• This is a key role and attendance, work ethic and strong interpersonal skills are required for success in this position.
• Must have a clear understanding of business and financial terminology.
• During key times, such as month-end, year-end, and audit and tax preparation, overtime may be required to meet deadlines and achieve stated goals.
T&R Properties is a Smoke Free Employer.
T&R Properties, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. It is our intention that all qualified applications are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors. Any individual, who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing this application or at any time during the application process, should contact the Human Resources Department.