at We Are Blood
Posted on Nov. 17, 2016
Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Disability Insurance, 401k / Retirement Plan
We Are Blood has been drawing Central Texans together since 1951. As the exclusive community blood supplier, we serve over 40 hospitals and medical facilities in a 10 county area. Our mission is to provide and protect the community blood supply, to inspire Central Texans to save lives locally, and to always treat everyone we serve as family. When you work here, you’re a vital part of helping to ensure that all Central Texans have access to life-saving blood when they need it!
We are hiring a Staff Accountant to process payroll, handle banking responsibilities, and perform general accounting duties. Additionally, this role will cross-train to back-up the Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable staff.
• Process & distribute semi-monthly payroll for all organizations.
• Collect and maintain all employees’ payroll files; provide information and clarification for any payroll question by all employees.
• Process and maintain records of child support and other garnishment deductions as stated by legal documents.
• Maintain and track Paid Time Off accruals and other leave of absence programs.
• Reconcile pension to payroll each pay period.
• Maintain ADP system for new employees, terminations, and other changes.
• Review quarterly reports.
• Maintain all payroll related spreadsheets including but not limited to additions to pay data batches, missed punch reporting and other reports as necessary.
• Retrieve funds from departments for deposit.
• Make bank runs for cash deposits and petty cash replenishment.
• Make daily deposits for all checks received.
• Distribute information received in company lockbox to staff.
• Maintain cash balance on-hand spreadsheets.
Other Accounting Responsibilities:
• Processes deposits and post to General Ledger or sub-ledger.
• Run company-specific credit cards for clients monthly and at other times as needed.
• Apply company-specific payments in billing software.
• Prepare routine journal entries and upkeep of prepaid schedules.
• Perform invoice (AR and AP) research.
• Take lead on tissue inventory tracking in Great Plains.
• Track W9 information and assist in 1099 preparation.
• Input corporate credit card detail into Great Plains.
• Reconcile insurance invoices to payroll.
• Assist in company-specific billing and analysis.
• Company-specific publications billing.
• Maintain Fixed Assets schedule.
• Assist in maintenance of accounts in Great Plains.
• Assist in collection of statistical dataaR and AP staff.
• Prepare ad hoc reports.
• Bachelor Degree in Accounting is preferred. Will also consider an Associate Degree in Accounting with 1-2 years of relevant experience.
• Must be at least 21 years of age, have a valid Texas driver’s license, proof of insurance, and an acceptable driving record.
• Must be PC proficient, especially with spreadsheets, word processing and accounting software.
• Detail-oriented with excellent organization skills and have the ability to handle multiple projects.
• Able to work independently with little supervision.
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
• Great Plains Accounting experience preferred.
Interested in our organization, but not this job? Check us out at www.WeAreBlood.org to find out how you else you can be a part of our Family.
EEO Employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled