at We Are Blood
Posted on Feb. 7, 2018
Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Disability Insurance, 401k / Retirement Plan
We Are Blood has been drawing Central Texans together since 1951. As the exclusive community blood supplier, we serve over 40 hospitals and medical facilities in a 10 county area. Our mission is to provide and protect the community blood supply, to inspire Central Texans to save lives locally, and to always treat everyone we serve as family. When you work here, you’re a vital part of helping to ensure that all Central Texans have access to life-saving blood when they need it!
We are currently hiring an entry level, Staff Accountant to serves as backup to the Controller for the month end close, budgeting analysis, metrics, and other routine accounting functions.
Month End Close
- Assist Controller with monthly variance analysis
- Conduct monthly close process when the Controller is not available
- Prepares month end spreadsheets needed for month end close process
Routine Accounting Duties
- Processes all deposits, and posts to General Ledger or sub-ledger
- Processes identified accounts receivable payments appropriately
- Backups Controller for funding pension and flexible spending accounts
- Periodically meets with department managers, directors and COOs to review budget variances
Budget, Metrics and Other Duties
- Assists CFO with annual Budget compilation and analysis
- Works with CFO & Controller in determining equitable allocation of Shared Services Costs, and performing related calculation for the monthly financial statements
- Collects, summarizes, analyzes, and reports monthly statistics
- Performs Ad Hoc cost and statistical analysis as required
Other Duties As Assigned
• Four year Accounting Degree is preferred, or 5-7 years comprehensive accounting experience may substitute for college degree.
• 1 - 2 years of cost accounting or budgeting experience is a plus.
• Must be at least 21 years of age, have a valid Texas driver’s license, proof of insurance, and an acceptable driving record.
• Must have strong, advanced Excel skills.
• Must be PC proficient, especially spreadsheets, word processing and accounting software.
Interested in our organization, but not this job? Check us out at www.WeAreBlood.org to find out how you else you can be a part of our Family.
EEO Employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled