at UF Health
Posted on Mar. 13, 2018
Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Disability Insurance, 401k / Retirement Plan
The ideal candidate will have experience in a multidisciplinary sleep center performing accurate and complete titration studies. You will also be responsible for polysomnograms, MWT/MSLT and HST including completing HST downloads.
Other responsibilities include:
• Scores studies per American Academy of Sleep Medicine guidelines.
• Administers oxygen and nasal continuous positive airway pressure and employs ventilatory assist devices in accordance with established protocols.
• Recognizes at risk events and notifies appropriate physicians.
About UF Health Jacksonville:
UF Health Jacksonville is an academic medical center affiliated with the University of Florida. University of Florida Health, the Southeast’s most comprehensive academic health center, which encompasses our hospitals, physician practices, colleges, centers, institutes, programs and services across northeast and north central Florida and south Georgia, with more than 70 specialties represented.
UF Health Jacksonville is also home to the area’s only Level I adult and pediatric Trauma Center. Areas include SICU, MICU, CVICU, PICU, CCU, Trauma, Emergency and Flight Services. UF Health also has a dedicated Stroke Center and is in process of achieving certification as a Comprehensive Stroke Center and we also have a growing Neuro Interventional Division.
The mission of the UF Health Sleep Center – Jacksonville is to offer the highest quality of diagnostic and medical treatment procedures for all sleep disorders in a quiet, comfortable environment. The center, part of the UF Health Neuroscience Institute – Jacksonville, features a multidisciplinary team led by board-certified University of Florida faculty physicians who specialize in sleep medicine. In addition, our facilities serve as a source for advanced studies and research in sleep disorder treatment. We offer services in our 2 labs located in our Jacksonville North and Downtown campuses.
Consider joining our talented team:
UF Health provides our employees with a very comprehensive compensation package with outstanding benefits package! Full and part-time employees working 40 or more hours per 2 week pay period will qualify.
Benefits begin the first day of employment. Group Insurance plans - Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability
Summary of our Employee Benefits package includes:
• 401K Retirement
• Paid Personal Leave
• Vacation accrual beginning on 1st Paycheck, up to 200 hours annually.
• Tuition Reimbursement is available six months employment
UF Health Jacksonville is an Academic Center and there is a multitude of professional development and career growth opportunities!
We invite you to connect with our recruiter today to learn more about us!!
Education requirementsRequired Education:
• High School Graduate
• AHS Associate degree in Health Science
• Graduate of an AMA accredited program in Polysomnography
Experience requirementsRequired Experience:
• 3 years minimum experience and demonstrated competency to perform all Polysomnographic studies.
• Pediatrics experience is a plus
• RPSGT as certified by the BRPT
• BLS from the American Heart Association
Skills• Ability to perform accurate and complete Polysomnograms, CPAP and BiPAP, ASV titrations, MSLT, MWT, Oxygen Titration studies in accordance with established policies and procedures and where required, score sleep studies greater than 85% concurrence.
Work hoursEvening 6:45 pm to 7:15 am.
Works three 12 hour shifts on consecutive days (paid 40 hours).
Jacksonville Florida - Things to Know
The largest city in Florida and in the US - with a gorgeous coastline and multiple beaches.
1. Huge beach community - 20 miles of pristine beaches.
2. St Johns River - featuring waterfront dining, events and entertainment, river cruises
3. Football - Jaguars AFC Champions in 2017 and host of Gator Bowl; world's largest stadium video display
4. Jazz - Northeast Florida hosts some of the top-rated Jazz Musicians at our Jacksonville and Amelia Island festivals and the Ocean Seawalk Pavilion "Spring the Blues" festival.
5. Multicultural Diversity City hosting the 3 day World of Nations
6. Top rated education with St Johns County Public Schools rated the best in the state
7. Veteran Friendly City and it's own Veterans Memorial Wall honoring fallen soldiers in all 6 branches of service, Veterans Day Parade
8. Arts/Theatre - Florida Theatre and First Wednesday Art Walk, Light Boat Parade, World Arts Film Festival, Hemming Park, Daily's Place Outdoor Entertainment
9. Vacationing - one of 5 Florida cities with cruise port access; St Augustine the oldest city in the nation.