Posted on Sep. 17, 2016
The Senior Director of Social will be responsible for creating a strategy for the HGV social media presence both domestically and abroad. The Senior Director will lead and manage the execution of the social media plan and content in partnership with internal teams. The Senior Director will be directly responsible for the management, moderation, workflows, and analytics for online channels including Social Media, SMS, and other emerging messaging and social platforms. This senior leader will have experience in creating a social media strategy and have a proven record of building brands by leveraging customized strategies for designing, executing and measuring content.
This is a unique and exciting opportunity to join an established and recognized global brand; and lead an experienced and dynamic team and to position the business for the unlimited opportunities and challenges in the social media arena.
The primary objective of this role is to manage Social Media properties across all channels with a secondary focus on support for content and campaigns from other internal teams throughout the company in these same channels.
The Senior Director must be on intimate terms with the inner workings of all major social platforms and know how to fashion and push content to each in the most effective way, as well as how to modify methods as the platforms themselves change.
The Senior Director must be well-versed in all classic social outreach techniques. It is equally important that the Senior Director have the ability to use creativity to develop exciting, new strategies for placing HGV content center stage acquiring audience. Additionally, one of the most important functions of this role will be to develop procedures and best practices aimed at efficiently enlisting the entire media organization (beyond the dedicated team) in the achievement of defined social media goals.
The ideal candidate for the Senior Director of Social will be an experienced, dynamic and talented, multi-dimensional social media executive, strategic and tactical in nature, with experience in cutting edge environments - the majority of which will be within the digital media industry.
The Senior Director must understand current Social Media platforms and be familiar with Social Media as both a marketing and engagement tool. Familiarity with the Adobe Social platform is preferred
* Responsible for innovating and growing social experiences on HGV's platforms
* Create and lead the social media strategy and plans to support all HGV events
* Collaborate and ensure the successful integration of social media into HGV's data strategy
* Continually lead and direct the search for new and improved social media solutions
* Develop and execute of workflows to route Social Media content to appropriate departments (ex. Legal, Communications) for approval
* Directly managed the Social Media content through use of an editorial planning calendar to ensure proper messaging and engagement
* Understand the complexities of Social Media analytics and campaign attribution and clearly articulate findings to other business leaders
* Be a social scientist and knowledgeable of the social space from a product perspective
* Responsible for producing and maintaining clear reporting around Social Media efforts for communicating to the executive level
* Analyze performance to understand results, successes, failures and their root causes make changes as needed to ensure success
* Direct, Deliver and produce clear, concise and accurate presentations to communicate to clients, management and third-parties.
* Must exercise independent sound judgment.
* Directs, manages and leads a team on support requests from all HGV business groups for all Social Media channels including everything from campaign deployments to basic maintenance updates
* Proactively seeks out appropriate business groups for assistance with moderation resolutions
* Leads and delivers ad-hoc social media related projects as requested by management.
* Proactively bring innovative new ideas and explore growth opportunities in the rapidly changing social and digital media environment
* Direct financial stewardship experience managing budgets
* Autonomous leader who can represent and interact at senior management level
* Creative self-starter who brings a sense of urgency and strong work ethic and passion to the position.
* Thrive in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment.
* Deadline-oriented, prioritizes appropriately, flexible, maintains grace under pressure and can work effectively with high-profile individuals
* BA/BS/Bachelor's Degree
* A minimum of seven (7) or more years of Social Media experience
* 7 to 10 years demonstrated experience working strategically to create Social Media strategy
* Experience creating coordinated campaigns that utilize a wide variety of Social Media channels while delivering results
* Strong oral communication skills and a sophisticated understanding of what should be communicated to different audiences
* Strong understanding of current Social Media channels
* Ability to work in a team.
* Must be a motivated and have ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
* Must be analytical, creative and a good problem solver.
* Have a working knowledge of the Adobe Social platforms and tools and how to execute campaigns utilizing them appropriately. Proficient in all facets of Social Media campaign lifecycle (development, deployment, reporting)
* Must possess good analytical and communications skills.
* Can lead and manage a team to create Social Media and integrate with existing vendor tools when necessary
* Ability to execute on Social Media requests within an expedited timeframe
* Has a thorough understanding of Social Media in all facets.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton Worldwide has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton Worldwide remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
H Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
I Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
L Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
T Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
O Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
N Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes in our Team Members:
* Living the Values
* Customer Focus
WHAT BENEFITS WILL I RECEIVE?
Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary and, depending upon eligibility, a vacation or Paid Time Off (PTO) benefit. You will instantly have access to our unique benefits such as the Team Member and Family Travel Program, which provides reduced hotel room rates at many of our hotels for you and your family, plus discounts on products and services offered by Hilton Worldwide and its partners. After 90 days you may enroll in Hilton Worldwide's Health & Welfare benefit plans, depending on eligibility. Hilton Worldwide also offers eligible team members a 401K Savings Plan, as well as Employee Assistance and Educational Assistance Programs. We look forward to reviewing with you the specific benefits you would receive as a Hilton Worldwide Team Member. The above information is provided as a highlight of the major benefits offered to most full-time team members in the United States. All benefits listed may not be offered at all locations. This is not a summary plan description or official plan document.
WHAT WILL IT BE LIKE TO WORK FOR THIS HILTON WORLDWIDE BRAND?
Currently, Hilton Grand Vacation is a subsidiary of Hilton. We presently anticipate that, at some point in 2016, Hilton Grand Vacations will be spun off from Hilton and become an independent, public company. We do not anticipate that this change will affect your terms of employment
Hilton Grand Vacations is the preeminent vacation ownership and Club Membership brand of the Hilton Worldwide portfolio. Ownership of a deeded real estate interest provides Members with a lifetime of unsurpassed vacation advantages via the most innovative, flexible, global Club program in the industry. Club Members choose when and where to vacation, enjoying the comfort and convenience of residential-style resort accommodations in select, renowned destinations. Each Club property provides a distinctive setting, while signature elements remain consistent, such as high-quality guest service, spacious residences and extensive on-property amenities. From exciting Orlando and dynamic Las Vegas, to the laid-back lifestyles of Hawaii and California, or the cosmopolitan glamour of New York City and South Beach, we take pride in offering our guests a superior vacation ownership program in the world's most celebrated locations. For those aspiring to the good life, Hilton Grand Vacations offers a passport to endless vacation memories.
Currently, Hilton Grand Vacation is a subsidiary of Hilton. We presently anticipate that, at some point in 2016, Hilton Grand Vacations will be spun off from Hilton and become an independent, public company. We do not anticipate that this change will affect your terms of employment.
Hilton Grand Vacations is one of Hilton Worldwide's ten market-leading brands. For more information visit www.hiltonworldwide.com.
If you understand the importance of providing others with a superior vacation experience, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Team Member with Hilton Grand Vacations.