Posted on Oct. 18, 2016
Life Insurance, Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance
As a senior database administrator / at Gordon Food Service you will be a part of a Data Services team committed to serving the data needs of a diverse application technology space that includes a large custom development core and numerous package applications.
We take pride in a culture of efficiency and innovation, delivering cost-effective, high-value solutions for our business. We build and support solutions in a legacy environment using both Oracle and SQL Server technologies. We also make use of tools such as Puppet, Attunity Replicate and the open source RDBMS PostgreSQL.
Additionally, your role will include the responsibility of the database architect serving on the technical architecture council. Here you will contribute your unique perspectives to help us see beyond today’s world into a future that serves the emerging and future needs of the organization.
Your responsibilities will include researching, debating, influencing, and developing vision and road maps with other architects and your home team.
• Serves as Data Services liaison to technical architecture council
• Researches and evaluates technologies and trends impacting data services
• Collaborates with cross-functional architects to provide overall technology direction
• Develops strategy and road maps for database architectural components
• Installs, configures, upgrades and patches database software
• Collaborates with application teams to understand database needs
• Scripts and deploys DDL in support of application requirements
• Tunes databases for optimal performance
• Designs, implements, and maintains data replication and data consistent solutions
• Participates in rotational on-call support
• Five or more years experience administering Oracle databases
• Previous experience writing, optimizing, and tuning SQL
• Previous experience managing production systems in a UNIX/LINUX environment
• Previous experience with scripted automation or configuration management tools (Chef, Puppet, etc)
• Previous experience in a software development or DevOps role
Nice-to-have experience includes:
• Previous experience administering SQL Server databases
• Previous experience with PostgreSQL
• Previous experience with Attunity Replicate
• Previous experience with document NoSQL databases
• Previous experience with data grid technologies
• Previous experience with source control and continuous integration
We take care of each other at Gordon Food Service. Workplace benefits play a big role in our culture and the happiness of our people. Here are some ways we support and protect our employees and their families.
Our benefit package includes:
• Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and prescription insurance
• Vacation, personal, and sick time
• Generous 401(k) matching program and retirement plan
• Flexible spending
• Employee assistance programs
• Company-sponsored life insurance
• Supplemental life insurance
• Wellness program
• Short-term disability
• Supplemental long-term disability
In addition, most of our divisions offer tuition assistance and profit sharing.
Gordon Food Service values our customers and understands that their success is largely dependent upon their workforce. To demonstrate our commitment to our partnership, we will require any candidate who works for a GFS customer to provide a letter of support from their management if they are selected for the interview process.
Two Easy Ways to Apply:
1. Enter contact info, click 'Apply Now' where you will then be provided a link to the company website to complete the application.
2. Enter contact info, upload resume and click 'Apply Now'.