Posted on Apr. 9, 2018
Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Vision Insurance, Disability Insurance, 401k / Retirement Plan
Westminster Woods on Julington Creek has an immediate opening for a Full Time Sous Chef.
This position assists the Chef or Director of Dining in the planning, coordinating and implementation of the quality dining program for resident’s staff and guests.
Oversee the culinary component, HAACP program and Sanitation program of the dining program in all of the food production and service areas within the community.
Provides support in assigned areas during the absence of the Chef or Director of Dining Services.
All full-time positions come with the following benefits:
· Medical – company pays a portion of premium and provides employer paid hospital indemnity plan
· Voluntary Dental
· Voluntary Vision
· Basic Life 2 times annual salary – premium paid by company
· Long Term Disability – premium paid by company
· Voluntary Short Term Disability
· Health Reimbursement Plan
· Flexible Spending Plans-medical & dependent care
· Voluntary Life for employee, spouse & child(ren)
· Voluntary Group Accident
· Voluntary Critical Illness
· 403(b) Retirement Plan – no company match but the company does contribute to a Profit Sharing Plan
· Paid Time Off
· Employee Scholarship Program
About Westminster Woods:
Our mission is to serve people — residents, employees and our neighbors in the greater community. As a faith-based, not-for-profit organization, our sole purpose is to serve older adults, by providing beautiful and quality environments to enhance lifestyles at every level of independence.
The Westminster Communities of Florida story starts in 1954, with the First Presbyterian Church of Bradenton chartering Westminster Manor, and quickly moves to Central Florida with communities in Winter Park and Orlando. Today, we’re happy to serve more than 6,500 residents in 18 communities throughout the state, offering active, independent living, assisted living and nursing care in our nine Continuing Care Retirement Communities, as well as affordable communities for low-income seniors.
"We honor those who have served."
Education requirements2-Year Accredited Culinary Degree or College Degree in a related subject required; Specialized certification/degree at an approved culinary school; and 3 years similar experience in a high volume, hospitality oriented and customer service focused environment.
Serv Safe certification required or ability to obtain certification within 90 days of date of hire.
Experience requirementsProficiency with computer programs including Microsoft Office
Proficiency with data-base types of menu systems for menu
forecasting, menu building and recipe creation
QualificationsAbility to hold effective meetings
Ability to complete a Certified Dietary Managers Qualification within specified time frame
Ability to learn computer programs as defined by Westminster Communities of Florida
Ability to work as a member of the dining services management team
ResponsibilitiesComply with all applicable rules, policies, standards and guidelines related to employment with Westminster Communities.
1. Manage the kitchen operations in the absence of the Chef.
2. Supervise all activities in the kitchen(s).
3. Assist the Chef with daily food preparation and production by following standardized recipes.
4. Ensure recipe compliance, proper record keeping and food quality.
5. Assist in the preparation of soups, sauces and gravies.
6. Responsible for kitchen staff compliance with sanitation and food safety standards.
7. Monitor the proper operation of the kitchen equipment and report any equipment failures to the Chef or Director of Dining Services.
The above position description is not to be construed as a complete listing of the assignments and responsibilities assigned to any employee; nor are such assignments restricted to those precisely listed in the description. This position description may change from time to time as the needs of the organization change.