Posted on Nov. 28, 2016
Goodwill is looking for Processors/Sorters.
Visually inspects and manually separates donated material into store quality or salvage.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Manually takes merchandise from carts and boxes and inspects for store quality or salvage.
• Places merchandise for store shipments on racks or shipping carts using bubble wrap between layers of glass, and auction material in appropriate container.
• Uses cloth and cleaning solution to clean items for store sales.
• Places seasonal merchandise in appropriate laundry cart for packing.
• Tags store rack or cart with proper store tag for shipping.
• Marks appropriate store order for rack or cart shipped.
• Lets Lead/supervisor know when store order is complete.
• Assists others when own store order is complete.
• Responsible for general housekeeping in work area.
• Reviews and is familiar with Company safety policies, programs and procedures. Adheres to all safety rules, regulations and safety codes, and attends safety training sessions and safety meetings.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS
Other duties as assigned.
On-the-job training is over a period up to and including three (3) months.
• Stooping, bending, crouching, reaching, handling, feeling, fingering seeing and depth perception.
• Light Work: Lifting 20 lbs. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 10 lbs.
• Pushing/Pulling: Heavy work pushing/pulling 100 lbs. maximum with frequent pushing/pulling of objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
Interested candidates can apply in person, through email or for immediate attention you can send your resume through "Quick Apply."