at ADB Safegate
Posted on Nov. 10, 2017
Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Vision Insurance, Dental Insurance, 401k / Retirement Plan
At ADB SAFEGATE, our company culture is defined by the values that guide our actions and behaviors and how we interact with our colleagues, partners, customers, investors and society. Our culture and values (Care, Passion, Leadership and Quality) set us apart from our competitors and are integral to our success. We are currently recruiting for the position of Software System Engineer to join our team.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job will generally be performed in a manufacturing environment but may require travel to visit a customer's location or construction job site. Conditions will vary at each location. While on a job site the employee is occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions that include wet and/or humid, cold and heat conditions, working near moving mechanical parts. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to fumes, airborne particles, high voltage and high currents. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
ADB Safegate is a drug-free workplace and as such participates in random drug screenings as state or local law permits.
ADB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Education requirements• Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology, Software Engineering, Computer Science or related field.
Experience requirements• 4-6 years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience in design using Object Oriented Programming patterns and techniques using C++; Python using published code guidelines required
• Experience in designing, developing, implementing and maintaining complex software applications.
• Experience creating systems interfaces using TCP Modbus.
Qualifications• Knowledgeable with other languages such as Java, and C.
• Proficient with Visual Studio required; knowledge of Eclipse Development environments a plus.
• Possess comprehensive knowledge in one or more specialized technology areas, related to operating systems, user interfaces or data communications and networks.
• Travel is required for this position. Expected travel is not more 30%.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, and talk or hear.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
ResponsibilitiesThis position is primarily responsible for the configuration, integration and deployment of all SAM systems in North and South America.
• Performs complex design, maintenance, enhancement, testing, implementation, and support of software.
• Completes configuration of the SAM systems in accordance with company ISO standards.
• Using Java /ECMA configures interfaces with 3rd party systems
• Completes the development of software test requirements for complex modules under development, executes complex test specifications.
• Completes estimates for complex modules under development, and estimates own work.
• Performs reviews of complex customers' standards specification and other documentation to determine software engineering requirements.
• Completes the software quality process through the execution of complex module, subsystem and system test procedures.
• Communicate with staff or clients to understand specific system requirements.
• Provide advice on project costs, design concepts, or design changes.
• Document design specifications, installation instructions, and other system-related information.
• Verify stability, interoperability, portability, security, or scalability of system architecture.
• Collaborate with product development engineers to select appropriate design solutions or ensure the compatibility with products your work would touch.
• Provide technical guidance or support for the development or troubleshooting of installed systems.
• Identify system data, hardware, or software components required to meet user needs.
• Provide guidelines for implementing secure systems to customers or installation teams.
• Monitor system operation to detect potential problems.
• Perform ongoing hardware and software maintenance operations, including installing or upgrading hardware or software.
• Develop system engineering, software engineering, system integration, or distributed system architectures.
• Design and conduct hardware or software tests.
• Establish functional or system standards to ensure operational requirements, quality requirements, and design constraints are addressed.
• Evaluate existing systems to determine effectiveness and suggest changes to meet organizational requirements.
• Complete models and simulations, using manual or automated tools, to analyze or predict system performance under different operating conditions.
• Direct the installation of operating systems, network or application software, or computer or network hardware.
• Train system users in system operation or maintenance.
• Develop application-specific software.
• Updates job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.