Posted on Nov. 7, 2017
Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, 401k / Retirement Plan
As a Software Engineer, you will assist with the analyzing, designing, programming and testing of a SaaS healthcare software platform. Works closely with Product Design, Business Analysis, Systems Analysis, Quality Assurance and Customer Support to help assess, enhance, maintain and support software solutions to business problems. Using strong logic, computer language skills, combined with healthcare industry and practical knowledge, you will deliver and maintain applications and software providing comprehensive business solutions to the healthcare industry.
• Microsoft Azure or cloud experience
• SaaS or SOA
• DevOps, continuous integration and continuous delivery, automation
• Working with teams in multiple locations
QualificationsWe are a small, fast pace, always-changing work environment with a mix of work in multiple products performing bug fixes and new development in multiple languages. Problem solvers only, debugging skills and a can do attitude are essential to success in this environment. Heads down coders looking for months long projects with little to no collaboration need not apply. If you do like working on multiple different things daily, consider yourself a Unix expert, and wearing many hats does not bother you if it means a meaningful contribution and owning a platform; then this is the job for you.
Responsibilities• Write quality code using appropriate patterns and unit tests.
• Assist in defect triage, impact analysis, resolution planning and implementation.
• Be part of a team by participating in delivery sprints, detailed design, code reviews and learning to be a creative problem solver.
Skills• Skills in multiple languages, as well as, the aptitude to learn new ones. Python, Java, .NET Core, Tcl
• Linux experience required, debugging socket programs, monitoring and restarting apps and processes.
• Comfortable writing SQL and working with an Oracle database.
• Gaining industry expertise (e.g., healthcare, IT, etc.), understanding of the business unit (e.g., application support, code development, etc.) and the Company's business (i.e. hosting, application development, etc.).
Cognizant US Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran.