Posted on Aug. 17, 2016
The Social Services Worker acts on behalf of the Social Service Coordinator when absent and is responsible for helping the Social Service Coordinator with the evaluation and assessment of resident's social service needs and concerns. Develops relationship with residents and families and ensures that all needs and concerns are met within a timely manner. The Social Services Worker is responsible for being visible throughout the facility and willing to assist residents in need and visits those residents who are isolated routinely for social motivation and concerns.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
* High school degree or equivalent required
* Bachelor of Science in Social Work preferred.
* Must have knowledge of growth and development and show expertise for geriatric population.
* Certification as a Social Service Designee by Missouri Health Care Association preferred
* 1-year experience in long term care social service department preferred.
* Previous Geriatric and Social Work experience preferred.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Excellent organizational and communication skills.