Posted on Oct. 12, 2017
Coil Tubing Snubbing Operator
Education requirements• High school diploma/G.E.D or equivalent
Experience requirements• Prior work experience with heavy equipment operation and maintenance preferred
Qualifications• Valid Driver’s License
• Class A CDL preferred, with hazardous material endorsement
• Must have developed necessary skills within the service line and grasp a general understanding of other service functions.
• Must be fully trained in operating all associated pressure control equipment (Fluid Pump, Nitrogen equipment).
• Knowledge of coiled tubing unit operations, including but not limited to correctly connecting hydraulic hoses, equipment startup, engaging of prime mover and hydraulic pumps.
Responsibilities• Operates Coil Tubing units and associated equipment without supervision.
• Conducts the pre-job and post-job inspections and testing of the coiled tubing units by completing pre and post job inspection forms.
Conducts the maintenance and general upkeep of the coiled tubing units and related equipment.
• Performs and assumes other duties and responsibilities as may be required by immediate supervisor.
• Has an active and lead role in mentoring the coil tubing assistants.
• Delegates certain job tasks to the Coil Tubing assistants during job operation.
Skills• Good language skills
• Must have the ability to read, write and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
• Must have the ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
• A demonstrated knowledge of the function and location of all coil tubing unit operating controls.