at S A Comunale
Posted on Oct. 6, 2016
Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, 401k / Retirement Plan
S.A. Comunale, a leading contractor in the fire protection industry, has an immediate opportunity for an experienced Site Safety Supervisor to work out of our Corporate Office.
Must have 3 to 5 years of experience in the safety field and possess an OSHA 30 Hour Construction Safety Card, or have minimum of 3 to 5 years fire protection industry experience working on various job sites.
S.A. Comunale has been a local industry leader for end-to-end fire protection and HVAC services for nearly 100 years. Backed by more than 40 years of experience protecting facilities of all types and sizes, S.A. Comunale Company, Inc., an EMCOR Company, specializes in the design, installation, inspection, and service of fire sprinklers systems, and alarm systems. Our capabilities include nationwide preventive and emergency services for virtually any type of fire protection system, as well as complete, long-term system monitoring and management. We also provide heating, ventilation, air conditioning (HVAC) and mechanical construction, including plumbing and process piping, as well as preventive maintenance services.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success.
Under the direction of the Safety Manager, performs the following job functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Conducts job site visits 3-4 days per week.
• Coordinates accident investigations and accident reporting for the division.
• Investigates and corrects specific safety violations on job sites.
• Conducts and documents employee safety observations, Company property and construction site inspections and periodic Company vehicle safety inspections.
• Works directly with Field Coordinators and Fitters/Plumbers to address safety concerns.
• Manages the distribution of personal protective equipment to all field personnel.
• Conducts and documents all site safety training.
• Ensures appropriate corrective actions are taken on health, safety and environmental hazards or potential hazards. Selects, develops and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
• Minimum 3 to 5 years of experience in the safety field.
• A bachelor’s degree in safety is preferred, however equivalent experience will be considered.
• Possess an OSHA 30 Hour Construction Safety Card, or have minimum of 3 to 5 years fire protection industry experience working on various job sites.
• Ability to maintain a balance between Teamwork and Compliance with Safety issues.
PREFERRED EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate will possess a high school diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 3 to 5 years experience in the safety field. Will also look at recent graduates from an accredited university with a Safety degree or similar field.
Significant experience with Microsoft Office (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint) applications.
• Medical Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• Life Insurance
• Disability Insurance
• 401(k) Plan with Company Match
• Employee Stock Purchase Program
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.