Posted on Mar. 30, 2018
At Rite-Way Equipment Company, located in Louisville KY, we offer a wide selection of construction equipment rentals and tool rentals to both contractors and homeowners in the Greater Louisville Area and Southern Indiana.
Excellent Pay and Benefits Package:
Pay based on experience.
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision Insurance available (Company participates in premiums), Life Insurance (company paid), Uniforms, Vacation Days, Personal Time Off Days, Bereavement Pay and more.
Education requirements• Must have a high school diploma or equivalent GED. Mechanical vocational degree a plus. Will consider experience in lieu of education.
Experience requirements• Must have a valid driver’s license.
• Must have mechanical aptitude. Bennett mechanical test will be administered by Rite-Way during pre-hire. Rite-Way will pay all costs for this.
Qualifications• Must be able to complete mechanical repairs in both shop and field settings under the supervision of a level 1 journeyman tech.
• Must be able to (with training) apply logical thinking to a wide range of problems, collect data, draw conclusions and offer constructive solutions concerning day to day repair activities.
• Maintain an atmosphere in operations that promotes customer service and co-worker cooperation. Be open to constructive criticism while training and performing normal duties.
Responsibilities• Perform mechanical repairs to internal rental fleet and customer units.
• Perform preventive maintenance repairs to internal rental fleet and customer units.
• Perform repairs in shop and assist in the field as necessary.
• Perform ready rent procedures to internal rental fleet.
• Maintain an organized and clean work area. Follow company safety rules and common sense practices regarding house cleaning issues.
• Assist in maintaining the company’s physical properties.
• Stay up to date and informed on industry equipment technology and safety advances.
• Attend training classes when required. This could involve out of town/overnight travel.
• Report safety violations to your direct supervisor.
• Attend departmental, store, and safety meetings as required.
• Adhere to all company policies, procedures, rules and regulations in written or verbal form.
• Exercise proper care of company tools and assets. Report to your direct supervisor any breakage, damages or needed repairs to the tooling or company asset.
• Perform all other duties as requested by management.
Skills• Employee responsible to provide basic tooling to perform their job. The company will be responsible for providing specialty tooling/diagnostic equipment.
• Must be able to lift approximately 70+ lbs.
• Must maintain a professional personal appearance.
• Must possess customer relation skills.
• Must use mathematics to solve problems.
• Must speak English clearly and write legibly. Ability to speak another language is a plus.
• Must pass company drug screen and driving background check.
• Must maintain an acceptable attendance record.
• Must have a full range of motion and dexterity.
• Must be able to provide, understand and complete instructions furnished in written, oral or scheduled form. Be able to apply the principles of rational thinking to solve problems.
• Maintain a cooperative working relationship with customers and co-workers.
• Must be able to maintain a high degree of patience and accept constructive criticism when given by superiors.
• Most work will be a blend of indoor/outdoor activities subject to seasonal weather conditions.
• This job requires constant interaction with co-workers, customers, and the public.
• Possibly may have exposure to chemicals, including but not limited to gasoline, diesel fuel, propane, kerosene and cleaning solvents. Frequent lifting may be required.
• A blend of operational hands on and service paperwork will be common throughout the run of a normal day.
Work hoursWork Schedule: Monday through Friday 7:00am to 4:30pm. Overtime available.
APPLY TODAY - Email your resume or apply in person!
1. EMAIL: Fill out the quick apply form, attach resume, and click the "apply now".
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability