Posted on Sep. 16, 2016
Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance
Position Summary: Birchwood Foods, a meat manufacturing plant for the food service and retail segments is now hiring a Shipping and Receiving Associate for 2nd shift. The 2nd Shift Shipping and Receiving Associate takes delivery of incoming shipments of products, organizes merchandise for delivery and keeps records regarding these transactions.
• Verifies and keeps records on incoming and outgoing shipments and prepares items for shipment: Compares identifying information and counts, weighs, or measures items of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records.
• Determines method of shipment, utilizing knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates.
• Affixes shipping labels on packed cartons or stencils identifying shipping information on cartons
• Assembles wooden or cardboard containers or selects preassembled containers.
• Inserts items into containers, using spacers, fillers, and protective padding.
• Attach covers on wooden crates and binds containers with metal tape, using strapping machine.
• Unpacks and examines incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages, and corresponds with shipper to rectify damages and shortages.
• Routes items to departments.
• Examines outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet specifications.
• Maintains inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
• May operate tier-lift truck or use handtruck to move, convey, or hoist shipments from shipping-and-receiving to storage or work area.
• Arrange for carrier vehicle or pickup
• Compare the amount and identification numbers of goods against orders
• Maintain files of shipping records
• Trace missing or lost shipments
• Authenticate receipt of shipments alongside bills of lading, invoices or other records
• Attach identifying information and delivery instructions on containers
• Organize records of goods shipped
• Must have at least 2 years experience with operating a forklift, loading and unloading trucks, and using a computer
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions
• Accurate - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly
• Communication - Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both written and oral
• Decision Making - Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures
• Reliability - dependable and trustworthy