Posted on Oct. 14, 2016
*Meet our Hiring Managers in person.
*Speak with us on Wednesday, October 26, from 10am to 2pm.
*Click Apply now for the location address.
Aldi is hiring Shift Manager, starting at $16/hr.
The shift manager will alternate between shift manager and store associate duties on a rotating basis as established by store management, in addition to other occasions when unforeseen events necessitate the shift manager to fill in for the store manager or manager trainee. In the absence of the store manager or manager trainee, the shift manager will be held accountable for the performance of store personnel.
Essential Job Functions
- Decision-Making Responsibility
1. Supervise daily job responsibilities of store personnel in the absence of the store manager or manager trainee.
1. Monitor the competitive environment within the community and inform the store manager regarding adjustments necessary to maintain ALDI’s competitive position.
2. Provide product feedback to the store manager, including making recommendations regarding new items to carry or those that should be discontinued.
Responsibility for Action
1. Ensure store personnel comply with the company’s customer satisfaction guidelines and that store personnel demonstrate appropriate interactions with customers and co-workers.
2. Communicate and model the vision and values of the company to create a proper work environment and sense of teamwork among employees.
3. Ensure an appropriate resolution of operational customer concerns in the store manager’s or manager trainee’s absence.
4. Ensure a safe environment for employees, customers, and vendors by identifying and rectifying hazards, ensuring proper ergonomics, and maintaining store equipment in proper working order.
5. Ensure that store personnel maintain store cleanliness standards at all times.
6. Ensure that proper stock levels are maintained through appropriate product ordering and CGO-S parameter maintenance as directed by the store manager or manager trainee.
7. Ensure that proper store signage is maintained at all times.
8. Ensure the quality and freshness of ALDI products.
9. Review and analyze employees’ performance and provide coaching as appropriate in the store manager’s or manager trainee’s absence.
10. Ensure that store personnel comply with established policies and procedures, including those contained in the Store Employee Handbook, Store Procedures Manual, and Customer Satisfaction Handbook.
11. Assist store management with achieving the store payroll budget.
12. Assist store management with achieving the store total loss budget.
13. Ensure that store personnel adhere to inventory procedures and product handling guidelines.
14. Ensure that store personnel adhere to cash control policies and procedures to minimize losses.
1. Merchandise product neatly to maximize sales.
2. Assist with training new employees per the employee training program as directed by the store manager.
3. Participate in taking store inventory counts according to guidelines.
Non-Essential Job Functions
1. Other responsibilities as assigned by the store manager or other members of management.
- At least 18 years old with a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Prior work experience in a retail environment preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Ability to provide prompt and courteous customer service.
2. Ability to operate a cash register efficiently and accurately.
3. Ability to stock merchandise from store receiving to shelving; ability to place product, weighing up to 45 pounds, on shelving at various heights.
4. Ability to operate equipment including electric and manual hand jacks, floor scrubber and cardboard baler.
5. Ability to perform general cleaning duties to maintain store standards for cleanliness.
6. Knowledge of and ability to interpret and/or apply ALDI store policies and procedures.
7. Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing.
8. Ability to perform basic administrative duties such as filing, filling out forms, counting and basic arithmetic equations.
9. Ability to follow instructions and pay attention to detail.
10. Ability to work both independently and within a team environment and to serve as an effective manager in the store manager’s or manager trainee’s absence.
11. Ability to supervise store personnel in the store manager’s or manager trainee’s absence to ensure the timely and effective completion of work assignments.
12. Ability to understand and apply management principles concerning budgeting, personnel costs and overtime expenses in order to assist store management with achieving the store’s goals.
13. Ability to develop rapport, trust and open communication that enhances the growth and job performance of store personnel.
14. Ability to organize, prioritize and complete activities to maximize the total time available.
15. Knowledge of and ability to utilize store computers and related programs.
16. Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach, push, pull, lift, carry and walk about the store.
May be required to handle and sell alcoholic beverages, and meet any state and local requirements for handling and selling alcoholic beverages.