Posted on Sep. 9, 2016
Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Disability Insurance, 401k / Retirement Plan
Founded in 1960 and headquartered in beautiful Fort Myers, FL, B and I Contractors, Inc. specializes in HVAC, service, electrical, plumbing, pipe-fitting, and sheet metal. We are an employee owned company that has earned a solid reputation for excellence. B and I Contractors, Inc. is among one of the elite Specialty Mechanical Contractor companies in Florida; capable of handling large, multifaceted projects and more.
Assembles, installs and repairs sheet metal products and equipment such as ductwork, fittings, fans, dampers and air distribution.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Install duct, accessories and equipment at the jobsite according to blueprint specifications;
2. Use of hand tools and portable power tools per specifications of job
3. May be required to work with a Sheet Metal Helper to provide instruction as to proper methods of tool handling and work product specification;
4. Must complete spec work for fittings, fans, dampers and air distribution
Job Qualifications and Skills:
1. Minimum four years in field and/or sheet metal shop
2. GED or High School Graduate Preferred
3. Understand how to measure duct for fabrication, make field modifications and install duct by Shop Blue prints.
4. Work skillfully with tools, metals and machines;
5. Visualize three-dimensional objects from drawings, sketches or blueprints;
6. Work within precise limits and standards;
7. Perform a variety of duties which may change often;
8. Rate information using measurable standards;
9. Understand English and follow and provide directives to assigned helpers
Must be able to see well (either naturally or with correction
Must be able to hear, and speak clearly with professional standard grammar;
Must use hands, fingers, arms and legs fully; kneel, crouch and crawl; climb and balance on ladders and scaffolds; climb stairs, reach overhead, push, pull, lift
Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds; stoop,