Posted on Sep. 22, 2016
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITY: Open & prepare insurance specimens for laboratory analysis
• Separate & sort specimens by specimen type
• Tie and tape trash bags to be checked before disposal
• Load conveyor lines
• Rack specimens by type; when required, label specimen racks and deliver racks to the appropriate department
• Open shipping packages as directed
• Collect and combine specimens for testing as directed when needed
• Maintain and protect the confidentiality of all CRL and client information
• Clean up work area, reload supplies for next day, dispose of trash
• Assist management in ordering and inventory of department supplies and unloading
• Be able to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local safety and health regulations that would apply to this job.
• denotes essential job function
EDUCATION: 8th grade, high school grad or GED preferred
EXPERIENCE: None. Prefer some computer skills.
SKILLS & ABILITIES: Good basic communication skills; ability to read information quickly & retain information for use in processing
• Standing/sitting at confined work stations for extended periods of time
• Lifting up to 50 lbs
• Pushing & pulling of large carts, trash bags and specimen bags
• Repetitive bending of wrists
• Repetitive reaching and pulling above shoulders
• Ability to enter information on a touch screen and operate a mouse.
EQUIPMENT: Centrifuge, box knife, stamp, stapler, laboratory coat, gloves, face shield, barcode printer, PC, copier, and printer.
OTHER: Shifts extend until work is finished; overtime required with little or no notice; change in start time with little or no notice to accommodate business need; weekend work when necessary; specimens consist of body fluids & must be regarded as potentially infectious