Posted on Aug. 31, 2017
The position oversees the mechanics on a particular shift or site while they perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, prepares work schedules and determines the priority of work. The position also confirms that data is reported accurately, enforces safety compliance and assists maintenance personnel when required.
The position will also schedule and assign service calls, make sure shops and facilities are clean and organized at all time and coordinate with the Parts Department and mechanics to ensure the necessary parts are on hand for scheduled and unscheduled repairs.
• Wear the appropriate personal protective equipment when and where required.
• Schedule and monitor service, repairs and other shop activities.
• Communicate with operators and drivers about the current status of equipment being operated.
• Conduct quality inspections to ensure proper repairs are made and units are road worthy.
• Update the data base with current and accurate information.
• Conduct a daily safety meeting with crew.
• Prioritize repairs.
• Open, review and close repair orders.
• Assign personnel to jobs based on their capabilities.
• Report immediately any safety violations and correcting unsafe acts or conditions.
• Determine the necessary repairs and order the parts required.
• High school diploma or equivalent and 10-12 years of experience in hydraulic, electrical, steering, suspension, brakes, engine, transmissions, HVAC, and special body applications including three years of maintenance supervisory experience, or a graduate of a technical school with five to eight years’ experience;
• Strong mechanical background;
• Ability to function in a fast paced work environment;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite – i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook; and
• Must be over 21 years old.
• Valid Commercial Driver’s License (CDL)
• Safety or Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) training certificates
• Maintenance supervisory certificates
• Certified Diesel Technician
• DOT Inspector certification
• ASE or Dealer certification and continued annual education
• Computerized Maintenance Management Software training (CMMS)
• Valid Texas Class C driver’s license
Click on Apply Now! Requisition ID: 1196