at Gator Ford
Posted on Nov. 27, 2017
$40,000.00– $97,000.00 Annually
Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance
We’re looking for candidates who are Automotive Technicians. We’re especially interested in hearing from you if you are a Ford Technician. We run an honest shop and need honest, hard-working techs. Only those who value integrity and ethics need apply.
Skilled technicians are in high demand. So to keep a good service tech, you have to treat them right. Here, you’ll work alongside some of the best in the business. You’ll be responsible for diagnosing and repairing client and dealership vehicles while maintaining a positive relationship with clients who return with work that needs to be continued on vehicle.
Education requirements• High school diploma or GED (general equivalency diploma)
Experience requirements• 1 to 3 months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ford tech experience a PLUS!
QualificationsIdeal candidates should be focused, quality minded, and willing to support Gator’s “Fix It Right the 1st Time” philosophy. Candidates must be able to work on heavy vehicles with heavy duty parts and must also be able to work effectively in a team environment. Must have an Operator Driver's License & State Inspection License.
Responsibilities• Examine and diagnose vehicles
• Discuss repairs with shop foreman or service advisor
• Communicate additional service requests to service advisor
• Plan work procedures in cooperation with shop foreman
• Provide labor time estimates to service advisor
• Monitor repair time and update service advisor regularly
• Maintain strict adherence to dealership policies on vehicle care and operation
• Complete story and/or documentation for client repairs
• Assist in mentoring technician trainees
• Attend company and factory training
• Keep current with factory technical bulletins
• Understand and follow federal, state and local regulations (such as disposal of hazardous waste)