Posted on Apr. 14, 2017
*Meet our Recruiters IN PERSON!
*Visit us on April 26th from 10:00am to 2:00pm
*Click Apply now for the LOCATION address
The Service Desk Technician provides technical assistance to internal Healthesystems customers for IT-related issues. This position requires strong communication and problem-solving skills to provide first tier support as well as the ability to identify, log, categorize, prioritize, and escalate issues as appropriate.
Key Responsibilities - To simplify complexities for each customer :
• Respond to requests for technical assistance from HES employees via e-mail, phone, in-person, or remote support in accordance with established SLAs.
• Participate in after-hours, on-call support rotation.
• Provide first level analysis/triage using sound troubleshooting methods to provide first contact resolution.
• Document all support-related activities accurately ing the ticket management system according to defined policies.
• Follow proper escalation path for issues that cannot be resolved at the first support tier while retaining ownership and keeping the customer informed of status during the resolution process.
• Install, upgrade, and configure computer hardware and software. Perform PC maintenance, including minor hardware repair for equipment not covered by third-party vendor maintenance agreements.
• Track technology equipment allocations and monitor computer hardware and software inventories including the completion of routine audits. Follow guidelines for asset inventory management and software licensing compliance. Perform workstation relocations as required.
• Record, track, and fufill service requests, including purchasing and deployment of IT equipment as directed.
• Strategic Initiatives: Actively engages in driving strategic initiatives, and the related goals, to ensure the most optimal outcome.
• Communication: Effectively communicates using written, oral, non-verbal, and active listening skills. Has the ability to clearly present an idea or concept so others understand, lets others speak, and engages productively in difficult conversations while upholding our ethical values.
Associate’s degree plus 1 or more years of relevant experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Preferred industry certifications: A+, Network+, MCP/MCDST/MCITP.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• 1+ years of IT help desk or service desk experience.
• Working knowledge of desktop operating systems (Windows, Mac OS) and industry standard web browsers.
• Working knowledge of MS Active Directory.
• Working knowledge of MS Office products.
• Able to accurately follow written technical work instructions.
• Basic understanding of ITIL, in particular Service Operation.
• Action Orientation
• Customer Engagement
• Interpersonal Effectiveness
• Results Focus
Physical Demands/Working Conditions
Employees may be required to lift up to 25 lbs. without assistance and up to 75 lbs. with assistance.
Duties are performed primarily in an office setting. Travel to attend meetings and visit locations throughout the country may be required. Operates computer and standard office equipment, such as telephone and copier/printer.
• Job descriptions will be reviewed and are subject to changes of business necessity. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
*Please Click 'Apply' for Location Details to Meet Our Recruiters and Submit Your Resume Today!
We look forward to meeting you on April 26th!