at Terumo BCT
Posted on Mar. 11, 2017
Terumo BCT is currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Senior Project Manager (Operations), which is responsible for c reating, managing, coordinating, and successfully executing plans to complete projects in support of business and technical initiatives. This person will adhere to Terumo BCT practices for project governance and assist with the evolution of the Terumo BCT project management methodology and tools. This person will also communicate important milestones and achievements as well as risks as they relate to projects.
* Creates and executes complex project plans, and revises them as appropriate for project needs.
* Defines and manages projects of moderate to large scope.
* Facilitates and coordinates project activities and tasks to execute the project plan.
* Manages scope, schedule and cost within plan.
* Ensures proper assignment and coordination of resources per plan.
* Facilitates the definition of quality and risk, and manages the project accordingly. Resolves and/or escalates project-related issues in a timely fashion.
* Tracks status and metrics on the project delivery and value; escalates to functional management upon identification of deviations (or potential deviations) from plan.
* Effectively manages communications, expectations, and interactions with all departments and internal stakeholders.
* Delivers informative, well-organized presentations on project status and selected project topics.
* Effectively utilizes each team member to accomplish the project objectives.
* Keeps track of lessons learned and shares those lessons with team members.
* Facilitates project governance and maintains project-management documentation.
* Contributes to departmental portfolio management.
* Participates as a member of a project team.
* Partners with various managers to successfully implement projects.
* Usually manages multiple projects simultaneously.
* Uses proven leadership abilities to collaborate with all functional groups to initiate, plan, execute, monitor and control and close projects for which they are solely accountable
* Drives continuous improvement of Terumo BCT's project, program and portfolio management methodologies and processes
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor's degree in business, science or technical field preferred, or, equivalent of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job may be considered.
* Minimum 8 years of full-time project management experience in a related field such as technical product development, disposable manufacturing, operations or other disciplines in a regulated industry (ISO 13485, cGMP, or similar regulated environment).
* Knowledge of and experience with project management disciplines, methodology and tools.
* Successful completion of global projects involving stakeholders from multiple regions (North America, Latin America, Asia-Pacific, EMEA) strongly preferred.
* Experience participating in a project-management role in a regulated environment strongly preferred.
* Dedicated to quality customer service, with proactive response to stakeholder needs.
* Demonstrated ability to integrate subject matter expert input to develop project plans from concept through commercialization for activities.
* Ability and willingness to work on multiple projects at one time.
* Demonstrated ability to effectively lead and manage project teams.
* Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain the overall project vision and strategy while managing the tactical details and activities.
* Demonstrated facilitation skills to effect project progress per plan.
* Ability to manage conflicts; to read situations quickly; to lead by influence; to exploit opportunities; and to find common ground and get cooperation with minimum noise.
* Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
* Knowledge and use of relevant PC software applications and skills to use them effectively, including MS Office, MS Project, MS Visio, MS OneNote, MS Access, MS InfoPath Designer, MS SharePoint, Adobe Acrobat Professional, Mindjet MindManager and SAP.
* Demonstrated experience using design controls for process development and Lean Six Sigma for process improvement in manufacturing, distribution, and systems development environments.
* An agent of change motivated to inspire associates to simplify and outperform.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
* Project Management Professional and Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certification (or equivalent) preferred.
An equivalent competency level acquired through a variation of these qualifications may be considered.
* Typical Office Environment requirements include: reading, speaking, hearing, close vision, walking, bending, sitting, and occasional lifting up to 20 pounds.
* The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential duties of this job.
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. All applicants will be afforded equal opportunity without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, military status or an unfavorable discharge from military service.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks. As of January 1, 2017 the Terumo BCT Lakewood, Colorado location will be a tobacco-free workplace. For more information about Terumo BCT, visit our website www.terumobct.com/careers .
JOIN TERUMO BCT AS WE UNLOCK THE POTENTIAL OF BLOOD. We are a global leader in blood component and cellular technologies, and the only company with the unique combination of apheresis collections, manual and automated whole blood processing, and pathogen reduction coupled with leading technologies in therapeutic apheresis and cell processing. We believe in the potential of blood to do even more for patients than it does today. This belief inspires our innovation and strengthens our collaboration with customers.
As the largest medical device manufacturing company headquartered in Colorado, we are home to more than 2,300 associates and our products are in use in more than 125 countries and territories. Our Global footprint includes more than 5,500 associates and partners with regional headquarters in Brussels, Buenos Aires, Hong Kong and Tokyo.
Our company has almost $1B in annual revenues and has been voted and recognized as:
* Largest corporate sponsor in Rocky Mountain Region for Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (LLS)
* Winner of the Association for Talent Development (ATD) BEST Award for providing exceptional employee learning and talent development (2011 & 2012)
* One of Colorado's Healthiest Employers by Denver Business Journal (2014 & 2015)
* Recipient of the Way to Go Employer award through the Denver Regional Council of Governments (DRCOG) 2015
Our award-winning culture embraces:
* Leading technology through innovation and R&D
* Wellness programs
* Commitment to quality
* An environment that values, respects and rewards your individual contributions
* A philosophy of intentional growth and responsiveness to world health issues
Click Here to see what our associates have to say about our culture.
Each associate has a positive impact on our future by:
* Connecting to the lives of the patients we ultimately serve
* Growing through professional and leadership development activities
* Sharing company success through incentive plans
IF YOU ARE THE BEST AT WHAT YOU DO AND WANT TO DO WORK THAT IS CHANGING THE DELIVERY OF HEALTHCARE GLOBALLY, WE INVITE YOU TO WORK WITH US NOW TO SEE HOW WE CAN UNLOCK YOUR POTENTIAL.
Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact the recruiter at:
We have preferred partners, no agency calls please