at Terumo BCT
Posted on Apr. 21, 2016
This position requires and individual with excellent project management and team building skills to successfully execute projects on both a local and global scale.
* Utilizes a disciplined approach to identify Key Objectives, Deliverables, Milestones, and Tasks that are needed to successfully complete the project.
* Manages scope, schedule and cost within plan utilizing appropriate project management tools and methodology.
* Facilitates the definition of project metrics for tracking progress and successful completion.
* Leads the development of the project communication plan.
* Tracks status and metrics on the project; escalates to functional management upon identification of deviations (or potential deviations) from plan.
* Effectively manages communications, expectations, and interactions associated with cross-functional teams.
* Delivers informative, well-organized presentations and regular updates on project status and selected project topics.
* Drives continuous improvement of Terumo BCT's project management process.
* Manages and leads multiple projects simultaneously while providing coaching and mentoring to less experienced project managers in the organization.
* Assists with the development and management of the Disposables Manufacturing strategic project portfolio.
* Ensures Health, Safety, and Environment improvements and compliance are emphasized throughout all phases of the project.
* Responsible for the quality and approval of all internal/external project controls, project schedules, cost reports, and project status reports.
* Maintains liaison with functional management to coordinate workload and staffing plans, work processes, and procedures.
* Manages the interdependencies between projects such that obligations are effectively delivered.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor's degree in science or technical field preferred, or, equivalent of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job may be considered.
* Minimum 8 years of full-time project management experience in leading complex projects.
* Knowledge of and experience with project management disciplines, methodology and tools.
* Successful completion of global projects involving stakeholders from multiple regions (North America, Latin America, Asia-Pacific, EMEA) preferred.
* Proactive, goal oriented with the initiative to influence events positively.
* Ability to resolve complex problems and to be comfortable in complex project or business environments.
* Ability to set and maintain high standards of self performance with responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments and tasks.
* Innovation, initiative, maturity, and sound judgment.
* Ability to influence a group of diverse individuals, each with their own goals, needs, and perspectives, to work effectively for the good of a project.
* Demonstrated, successful leadership of cross-functional teams without having supervisory authority over most/all of the team members.
* Ability to interface with external parties such as government regulators, auditors, engineering firms, construction firms, and industry experts.
* Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and engage associates at all levels of the organization
* Demonstrated ability to successfully lead and manage projects through all phases.
* Experience with Lean/Six Sigma concepts in a manufacturing and distribution environment.
* Experience with obtaining US FDA facility/process validation, both domestic and in a foreign operation.
* Demonstrated ability to effectively lead and manage project teams in a global environment.
* Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain the overall project vision and strategy while managing the tactical details and activities.
* Ability to manage conflicts; to read situations quickly; to lead by influence; to exploit opportunities; and to find common ground and get cooperation with minimum noise.
* Responsive and proactive approach to communication that results in excellent customer, team, and stakeholder relations.
* Knowledge and use of relevant PC software applications and skills to use them effectively, e.g. Microsoft Project.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
* Project Management Professional certification (or equivalent) preferred.
An equivalent competency level acquired through a variation of these qualifications may be considered.
Typical Office Environment requirements include: reading, speaking, hearing, close vision, walking, bending, sitting, and occasional lifting up to 20 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
ADDITIONAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Requires domestic and international travel.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. All applicants will be afforded equal opportunity without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, military status or an unfavorable discharge from military service.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.