at Terumo BCT
Posted on Aug. 27, 2016
This is an individual contributor role providing portfolio oversight for all Grant and Contract supported projects where Innovation and Development resources and funding are required. Oversight and alignment of multiple projects requires this individual to coordinate across the entire organization through interfacing and partnership with functional leaders and project managers. This individual will maintain visibility to the project portfolio and work with product development portfolio managers to ensure alignment and delivery to plan. Responsibilities include budget reimbursement oversight, grant, contract and project milestone compliance across the I&D portfolio, all required functional group alignment, facilitation of the Grant and Contract Steering Committee and Weekly Cadence meetings. This individual works with the Grants Management Office, Finance and external funding partners to ensure alignment and compliance to contract commitments for deliverables and budget. This role requires experience managing projects funded by external grants and contracts.
Directs a program of projects in a business/functional area ensuring integration, project planning and execution, process compliance, and prioritization of programs in alignment with the business strategy. Objectively evaluates and communicates cross-project constraints, requirements, risks and opportunities at the project and leadership levels to drive required business decisions execute. Provides process, project and program leadership in an existing or changing/emerging environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Integral member of a product management team which develops product strategy, programs, and product development.
* Provides overall management support for identified projects to ensure they are executed effectively and meet the business/functional area goals and priorities.
* Evaluates and manages the inter-relationship between projects, how they impact each other in regards to priority, schedule and resources to balance the requirements of the projects and goals of the business/functional area.
* Ensures that the projects and timing are conducted within the capacity of the organization.
* Helps prioritize projects and/or ensure consistency with strategies and business priorities.
* Tracks organization-wide metrics on the state of project delivery and the value/ROI within individual projects as well as across projects.
* Understands, creates and executes project support plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements. Resolves and/or escalates project-related issues in a timely fashion.
* Creates and manages strategies for risk mitigation and contingency planning within and across projects.
* Communicates important milestones, status updates, achievements and decisions as it relates to the program at the project and leadership level. Delivers engaging, informative, well-organized presentations.
* Partners across inter and intra department boundaries including Product Development, R
* Simplifies complex topics for non-technical audiences and prepares quick-pointed summaries for executives and stakeholders;
* Consistently acknowledges each team member's contributions;
* Effectively utilizes each team member to accomplish the project objectives;
* Keeps track of lessons learned and shares those lessons with team members;
* Mitigates team conflict and communication problems;
* Drives integration of standard program and project management processes throughout the organization;
* Establish consistent project management policies and guidelines for the overall project portfolio;
* Manages and provides leadership for the functional group's development, direction, and effectiveness, adhering to organizational policies and processes and supporting overall business and corporate objectives.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor's degree or, equivalent of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job may be considered. Technical degree in sciences or engineering strongly preferred.
* Requires a minimum of 10 years of full-time experience in a project-management role, of which a minimum of 3 years was in a senior project management or leadership role.
* Experience with Project Management in an Product Development (Engineering) environment strongly preferred
* Medical Device/biomedical industry background strongly preferred
* Successful completion of global projects involving stakeholders from multiple regions (North America, Latin America, Asia-Pacific, EMEA) strongly preferred.
* Knowledge of and experience with project management disciplines, methodology and tools.
* Dedicated to quality customer service, with proactive response to stakeholder needs.
* Demonstrated ability to develop project business cases including evaluation criteria that include business value, stakeholder satisfaction, overall project success, and lessons learned.
* Ability to work on multiple projects at one time.
* Demonstrated ability to effectively lead and manage project teams.
* Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain the overall project vision and strategy while managing the tactical details and activities.
* Demonstrated facilitation skills to effect project progress per plan.
* Ability to manage conflicts; to read situations quickly; to lead by influence; to exploit opportunities; and to find common ground and get cooperation with minimum noise.
* Knowledge and use of relevant PC software applications and skills to use them effectively, including Microsoft Project schedules.
* Demonstrated ability to communicate orally and in writing - across functions and teams, at all levels of the organization. Ability to influence others in order to execute the program and individual projects.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
* Project Management Certificate preferred.
An equivalent competency level acquired through a variation of these qualifications may be considered.
Must be able to work non-standard business hours; possible travel to company's various global locations.
Typical Office Environment requirements include: reading, speaking, hearing, close vision, walking, bending, sitting, and occasional lifting up to 20 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. All applicants will be afforded equal opportunity without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, military status or an unfavorable discharge from military service.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks. As of January 1, 2017 the Terumo BCT Lakewood, Colorado location will be a tobacco-free workplace.