Posted on Aug. 25, 2017
Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401k / Retirement Plan, Disability Insurance
Greg Flynn, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, founded Flynn Restaurant Group (FRG) in 1999 as the owner and operator of eight Applebee’s in Washington State. Over the next 16 years, Greg strategically charted the course of the business to develop and acquire more than 850 restaurants that together represent $1.9 billion in sales.
While the initial focus was on growing within the Applebee’s system, the company gradually branched out into other brands first adding Taco Bell in 2013 followed by Panera in 2015 where it was first new franchise admitted into the system in over 10 years.
Today, through its three wholly-owned subsidiaries, Apple American Group, Bell American, and Pan American, the company owns and operates over 480 Applebee's, 270 Taco Bells, and 130 Paneras directly employing 40,000 people in 28 states. Combined this makes FRG the largest restaurant franchise brand, and
one of the 50 largest foodservice companies in the United States.
The company proudly stands by Greg’s operating philosophy to provide friendly service, cultivate customer loyalty and make sure each guest has a quality experience. This mindset permeates all aspects of the business and has helped to establish a highly inclusive and collaborative culture – the team has a sense of pride and a deep connection with the company’s mission and success.
Going forward the company plans to continue its aggressive growth by building and acquiring additional restaurants as well as opportunistically expanding into other brands and businesses.
Flynn Restaurant Group Support Center
The corporate office of Flynn Restaurant Group, also known as the Support Center, employs over 100 people in nine departments. Located just minutes south of Cleveland, OH in Independence, the Support Center directly supports nearly 40,000 employees within all three brands of Flynn Restaurant Group. Working as a
cohesive unit, the Support Center helps to implement and support the initiatives established by the operations team and other key decision-makers. The Support Center is managed by FRG’s Chief Improvement Officer, Ron Bellamy, as well as the strategic leaders of HR, IT, Real Estate, Accounting and Finance, and Purchasing.
The duties include:
• Management of Windows Server and Enterprise Infrastructure components.
• Install, setup, monitor and maintain systems and networks.
• Perform routine technology support functions such as coordination, maintenance, upgrades and overall support for computer systems, administering, evaluating and modifying systems to assure proper security and operation, planning, coordinating and implementing system software program release changes for enterprise servers, resolving technology problems and
providing for system enhancements; providing technical support and assistance to end users.
Why Work for Flynn?
Flynn Restaurant Group offers a variety of benefits and perks to encourage and empower our employees. We are committed to helping each employee work and live to his or her fullest potential.
We offer a variety of benefits and perks while working for us:
• Medical / Dental Vision Retirement and Savings Plan Short and Long Term Disability
• Basic Life Insurance Voluntary Life Insurance Tuition Reimbursement
• Paid Time Off
• Flexible Work Schedules
• Company Outings
• Dining Discounts PC/Laptop Assistances
The Flynn Restaurant Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Education requirementsEDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Acceptable equivalent combination of education, experience and certification
• Bachelor of Science degree in computer science, or equivalent
• Microsoft Certified Database Administrator or Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCDBA or MCSE), Cisco Certification (CCNA)
• Five or more years of experience with LAN technologies, including multiple network operating systems (Windows 2000, Windows 2003), topologies (Ethernet, Wireless) and protocols (TCP/IP, Netbios/Netbeui), and Wide Area Networking
• Strong knowledge and experience with PC hardware (A+ Certification a plus) and software technology as well as Windows 2000/2003 and SQL Server administration, file interchange, shared
network resources, internet access, Exchange 2000/2003, and BackUp Exec
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ResponsibilitiesESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Analyze network hubs, routers, and servers; to monitor underlying communications protocols and
supporting network hardware
• Analyze workload, including traffic and utilization trends
• Maintain VPN connectivity with the restaurants and remote offices
• Provide Level 1 networking support
• Support telephone system design, implementation, organization, and troubleshooting
• Support the Network Administrator in any special projects
• Implement, install, configure, monitor, troubleshoot, and evaluate existing and new Microsoft
Windows server operating systems
• Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required
• Configure/add new services as necessary
• Install, upgrade, and configure system software that supports accounting, messaging and
• Plan and coordinate the installation of new releases and system software; to include server OS
• Hold responsibility for integration of user workstations with Microsoft Windows server operating
systems and Active Directory
• Create, change, and delete user accounts per request to include Active Directory, Box, Inc., and Mozy
• Perform daily system monitoring verify the integrity and availability of all hardware, server
resources, systems and key processes
• Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully
backed and restore data as needed
• Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary
• Troubleshoot networks, systems, and applications for the purpose of identifying and correcting
malfunctions and other operational difficulties
• Maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot physical and virtual server infrastructure
• Maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot Windows server environment
• Maintain monitor, and troubleshoot network based services: File and Print services, Email, Active
• Maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot messaging system
• Monitor and troubleshoot door security access system
• Process email alignment changes
• Process maintenance renewals for enterprise software/hardware
• Administer onsite ticketing system, Track-It
• Configure/administer the company web filtering, Websense
• Process URL whitelisting
Information Systems Security
• Monitor appropriate security procedures to safeguard system from physical harm and viruses,
unauthorized users, and damage to data
• Responsible for network backup systems and off-site storage
Support the company-wide messaging system
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and
• Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or
members of the business community
• Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format
• Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of
• Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and
fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry
• Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, rations, and proportions to practical
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
• Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form
and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.