Posted on Sep. 14, 2016
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
This position will lead the Business Intelligence group and execute tactical and strategic tasks and projects to support the business and move it towards continually improving reporting and analytics. This will be done with a high level of business engagement, thoughtful process and quality improvement, and timely delivery based on enterprise goals and priorities.
It is expected that this person be a strong leader and excellent communicator who will work closely with IT and all business units to harmonize and deliver on the Business Intelligence requirement of the organization.
The BI group is a team of report developers operating in the Cognos reporting environment. This group is in charge of report development and enhancement, framework development, training, reporting governance, tuning, some aspects of data warehousing and all related Cognos system administration. The environment is a high-demand area, delivering over 250K reports monthly throughout the business. The position involves effective management and direction for the development group, in conjunction with related IT teams, working with business users and business-unit based report authors focused on reporting needs and maintaining a stable and high-performing reporting service. The list of responsibilities is:
* Direct the development and use of the Business Intelligence (Cognos) Systems
* Leading the development of a BI vision for the client (including process and organization)
* Facilitates the prioritization of projects and enhancement requirements among competing business interests
* Assessing and managing risk throughout all aspects of BI technology implementation
* Manage the research, development and implementation of reporting tools and dashboards
* Manage all corporate reporting demand
* Ensure the proper documentation of all BI related materials and processes
* Ensure the appropriate end user training and documentation on BI related products to employees
* Ensure proper communication between the BI team, IT operations, and all business units
* Manage BI team priorities and workflow.
* Manages workload and staffs the BI Team ensuring coverage during critical times that can be occasionally off-hours.
* Maintaining appropriate relationships with BI vendors
* Ensure the constant availability and optimum performance of sales, financial and operational reporting environment
* Establish and enforce standards for technology and business processes as they pertain to the reporting environment
* Responsible for managing the testing and QA processes for BI deliverables
* Implementation and participation in change control processes
* 5+ years technical team management
* 5+ years experience with OLAP/Reporting Tools
* 5+ years experience with one or more DBMS (Oracle, MS SQL, DB2, etc.)
* 5+ years Data Warehousing/SQL development experience
* 5+ years experience in admistration of reporting tools, preferably Cognos
* Significant expertise in use case analysis and requirements analysis
* Bachelor's Degree
* Master's Degree
* Multiple Cognos Certifications
* Timeshare industry expeirence
* Knowledge of business process analysis, optimzation and modeling desired.
* Strategic and financial planning proficiency.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton Worldwide has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton Worldwide remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
H Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
I Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
L Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
T Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
O Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
N Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes in our Team Members:
* Living the Values
* Customer Focus
WHAT BENEFITS WILL I RECEIVE?
Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary and, depending upon eligibility, a vacation or Paid Time Off (PTO) benefit. You will instantly have access to our unique benefits such as the Team Member and Family Travel Program, which provides reduced hotel room rates at many of our hotels for you and your family, plus discounts on products and services offered by Hilton Worldwide and its partners. After 90 days you may enroll in Hilton Worldwide's Health & Welfare benefit plans, depending on eligibility. Hilton Worldwide also offers eligible team members a 401K Savings Plan, as well as Employee Assistance and Educational Assistance Programs. We look forward to reviewing with you the specific benefits you would receive as a Hilton Worldwide Team Member. The above information is provided as a highlight of the major benefits offered to most full-time team members in the United States. All benefits listed may not be offered at all locations. This is not a summary plan description or official plan document.
WHAT WILL IT BE LIKE TO WORK FOR THIS HILTON WORLDWIDE BRAND?
Hilton Grand Vacations is the preeminent vacation ownership and Club Membership brand of the Hilton Worldwide portfolio. Ownership of a deeded real estate interest provides Members with a lifetime of unsurpassed vacation advantages via the most innovative, flexible, global Club program in the industry. Club Members choose when and where to vacation, enjoying the comfort and convenience of residential-style resort accommodations in select, renowned destinations. Each Club property provides a distinctive setting, while signature elements remain consistent, such as high-quality guest service, spacious residences and extensive on-property amenities. From exciting Orlando and dynamic Las Vegas, to the laid-back lifestyles of Hawaii and California, or the cosmopolitan glamour of New York City and South Beach, we take pride in offering our guests a superior vacation ownership program in the world's most celebrated locations. For those aspiring to the good life, Hilton Grand Vacations offers a passport to endless vacation memories.
Currently, Hilton Grand Vacation is a subsidiary of Hilton. We presently anticipate that, at some point in 2016, Hilton Grand Vacations will be spun off from Hilton and become an independent, public company. We do not anticipate that this change will affect your terms of employment.
Hilton Grand Vacations is one of Hilton Worldwide's ten market-leading brands. For more information visit www.hiltonworldwide.com.
If you understand the importance of providing others with a superior vacation experience, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Team Member with Hilton Grand Vacations.