Posted on Oct. 6, 2017
Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K
$15.26 Hourly + Full Benefits
• Maintain, service and repair Tulsa Housing Authority (THA) owned or operated facilities and equipment that does not require a license issued by the State of Oklahoma or the City of Tulsa license.
• Perform routine maintenance work on structures; carpentry, electrical, plumbing, appliance maintenance, heating and air conditioning to insure a high standard of maintenance of the public housing complex in a fast pace work environment.
• Picks up trash and performs general cleanup of the common area.
• Determine the method necessary to perform repair and/or adjustments to THA owned or operated mechanical equipment and facilities including structures and equipment, making service calls, installing plumbing and fixtures, and using power tools and a variety of hand tools.
• Perform a variety of building and facility maintenance and renovation projects including roofing, painting, expansion, redecoration, and floor repair, or anything else which is necessary to make ready units or complete work orders.
• Make repairs to machinery and mechanical equipment, including heating, plumbing, and electrical appliances and apparatus not requiring a license.
• Direct the work of less skilled workers that are assisting in the completion of the project.
• Perform as a working leader and direct the work of lesser skilled mechanics, assistants and laborers under the supervision of the Maintenance Supervisor.
• Perform or assist in performing the duties of higher classifications for training purposes and of lower classifications to meet work schedule requirements as required.
• Must possess basic knowledge of heating and cooling equipment, material, tools, and their suitability for different types of applications. • Must exhibit knowledge of the safety requirements of the work performed.
• Respond to after-hour calls as needed or directed by THA Management.
• Other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and one (1) to three (3) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have current valid Oklahoma driver’s license. Must be able to work overtime on weekdays and weekends and respond to emergency calls at all times.
Health, Dental, Vision, Life, 401(k) retirement plan w/over 100% match, paid vacation, sick and holidays
The Housing Authority of the City of Tulsa (THA) is a federally funded public agency responsible for administering public housing and Section 8 rental assistance programs for eligible low-income families living in the Tulsa city limits. THA is governed by a five-member Board of Commissioners appointed by the Mayor.
To be a leading Public Housing Agency that enhances the quality of life in Tulsa through the efforts of a professional, caring and responsive staff and Board.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
We perform criminal background checks and drug testing.
Qualified candidates should submit a resume, apply online or through "Quick Apply."