at Terumo BCT
Posted on Aug. 25, 2017
STATE: Colorado (US-CO)
COUNTRY: United States
Position requires a highly motivated, creative, integrative thinker for a pivotal role that is responsible for the design and execution of strategic and practical learning strategies for external customers, Distributors and internal Clinical Specialist Training teams.
The Sr. Global Product Support & Training Specialist will identify and develop resources and experiences, which will build competencies and enhance the capabilities required to drive the strategic objectives established by Commercial Leadership. Responsibilities include designing and facilitating product and protocol training. The role requires a high level of collaboration with Global and Regional Marketing teams, Regulatory, Medical Affairs and Legal and Compliance to continually identify important and strategic training opportunities that will ultimately impact sales results.
* Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of clinical studies, disease state, products, technology, and competition within the functional area of apheresis.
* Collaborates cross-functionally with marketing, sales, support, and other departments to design, develop and facilitate training strategy, curriculum and assessments to aid in the training of new clinical, implementation, and sales specialists, in-house associates, global distributors and customers.
* Works within a regional/global environment to provide clinical support and training delivery of Terumo BCT Therapeutic Systems product applications.
* Design and implement comprehensive training curriculum in the following areas: product/technical knowledge, selling skills, standard operating procedures, etc.
* Develop and maintain certification process for internal and external associates to ensure that accurate training records are maintained.
* Continuously evaluate and measure the effectiveness of current training programs and identify as necessary, improvements that serve to sustain and improve capabilities.
* Develop and monitor tools and metrics to measure outcome and ROI of training activities
* Responsible for ensuring all training materials conform to appropriate regulatory and legal compliance guidance.
* Proactively assess knowledge / skill gaps within internal and external customer teams and develop / implement advanced learning programs that are aligned to core competencies to close the gaps and improve the effectiveness of these teams.
* Documents and provides written solutions to recurring problems, including revising training materials and providing training.
* Maintains a practical and current knowledge of effective adult learning principles, instructional design, and training technologies.
* Conduct field travel for assessments, strategic training initiatives, coaching and development of internal and external customer.
* Maintains a traceable, expert-level competency in assigned applications.
* Provides design input, develops, validates, and implements support tools for troubleshooting and optimization of Terumo BCT products and applications.
* Perform other job related duties as assigned.
* Develop and execute sales training workshops at Regional/ Commercial Sales Summits and indication launches.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
* The ideal candidate will have strong knowledge of therapeutic apheresis.
* Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop strategic partnerships with key stakeholders including sales leadership, marketing, compliance and medical regulatory and commercial operations.
* Strong project management skills and experience.
* Ability to analyze complex issues and develop relevant action plans, programs and recommendations to further the success of commercial teams.
* Demonstrated ability to translate strategy into action.
* Demonstrated application of adult learning principles, technology and E-Learning training.
* Flexibility to adjust priorities in an environment to achieve commercial objectives.
* Demonstrated ability and desire to teach. Demonstrated self-confidence and effectiveness in dealing with a wide variety of student types and ambiguity.
* Demonstrated success as subject matter expert in a new product launch.
* Ability to effectively communicate technical material in a non-technical manner.
* Demonstrated ability to manage and hold vendor partners accountable to timelines, regulatory guidelines and quality.
* Knowledge and use of relevant PC software applications and skills to use them effectively.
* Minimum 5 years experience, preferably clinical experience in donor and therapeutic aphaeresis, RN, MT or equivalent
* OR - an equivalent competency level acquired through a variation of these qualifications may be considered.
* Extensive domestic and international travel required.
Bachelor's degree, or equivalent of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job may be considered.
Typical Office Environment requirements include: reading, speaking, hearing, close vision, walking, bending, sitting, and occasional lifting up to 25 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. All applicants will be afforded equal opportunity without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, military status or an unfavorable discharge from military service.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks. As of January 1, 2017 the Terumo BCT Lakewood, Colorado location will be a tobacco-free workplace. For more information about Terumo BCT, visit our website www.terumobct.com/careers .
JOIN TERUMO BCT AS WE UNLOCK THE POTENTIAL OF BLOOD. We are a global leader in blood component and cellular technologies, and the only company with the unique combination of apheresis collections, manual and automated whole blood processing, and pathogen reduction coupled with leading technologies in therapeutic apheresis and cell processing. We believe in the potential of blood to do even more for patients than it does today. This belief inspires our innovation and strengthens our collaboration with customers.
As the largest medical device manufacturing company headquartered in Colorado, we are home to more than 2,300 associates and our products are in use in more than 125 countries and territories. Our Global footprint includes more than 5,500 associates and partners with regional headquarters in Brussels, Buenos Aires, Singapore and Tokyo.
Our company has almost $1B in annual revenues and has been voted and recognized as:
* Largest corporate sponsor in Rocky Mountain Region for Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (LLS)
* Winner of the Association for Talent Development (ATD) BEST Award for providing exceptional employee learning and talent development (2011 & 2012)
* One of Colorado's Healthiest Employers by Denver Business Journal (2014 & 2015)
* Recipient of the Way to Go Employer award through the Denver Regional Council of Governments (DRCOG) 2015
Our award-winning culture embraces:
* Leading technology through innovation and R&D
* Wellness programs
* Commitment to quality
* An environment that values, respects and rewards your individual contributions
* A philosophy of intentional growth and responsiveness to world health issues
Click Here to see what our associates have to say about our culture.
Each associate has a positive impact on our future by:
* Connecting to the lives of the patients we ultimately serve
* Growing through professional and leadership development activities
* Sharing company success through incentive plans
IF YOU ARE THE BEST AT WHAT YOU DO AND WANT TO DO WORK THAT IS CHANGING THE DELIVERY OF HEALTHCARE GLOBALLY, WE INVITE YOU TO WORK WITH US NOW TO SEE HOW WE CAN UNLOCK YOUR POTENTIAL.