Posted on Oct. 5, 2016
The Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for identifying and initiating projects to improve business performance and develop strategies to achieve financial goals. The incumbent works with executives to set-up and coordinate financial modeling and reporting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Identify and develop strategies to achieve financial plan.
• Utilize financial reports to review operating performance for products, market locations, installation, and sales.
• Understand the levers of profitability, focusing on metrics that align with profitability goals.
• Identify trends and developments on a continual basis for company, industry, and markets and understand their impact on company profitability.
• Build solutions that satisfy business partner’s needs.
• Manage change by including business sponsor in the process.
• Structure projects to have a defined deliverable and definition of success.
• Communicate analysis in a manner that enables the business sponsor to understand and act on the information.
• Ensure compliance to Empire financial policies and procedures.
• Assist in the annual planning process
• Provide ad hoc analysis as requested by senior management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting required. Master’s Degree preferred.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in a retail industry finance role; thorough knowledge of business finance, financial analysis and modeling, including
• Basic understanding of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP); solid understanding of corporate financial accounting and basic understanding of statistics
• Outstanding organizational, analytical and multi-tasking skills; excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to develop strong relationships with product managers and other department executives;
• Advance Expert user with MS Excel and Microsoft Access (SQL a plus); Siebel Analytics or other business intelligence tools experience a plus
• Team player; highly detail oriented; ability to manage multiple projects through the project management process
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting required. Master’s Degree preferred. Computer Knowledge Requirements: MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, Access
Our employees enjoy a casual, yet results-oriented environment where we value creativity, teamwork and innovation. To take your first step toward joining our winning team, please apply today.