Posted on May. 5, 2017
Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K, Disability Insurance
Job Title: Senior Financial Analyst FP&A
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• Integral player in the Budget and Forecast process, who will be responsible for store-specific expense and corporate admin departments. Will consistently run variances to Plan and provide guidance and counsel on trends, strategies to get back to Plan, and recommend changes to the Forecast.
• Oversee the preparation and communication of financial reports, operating statements and key metrics used by management. • • • Develop new and Reporting to the Director of FP&A, the Senior Financial Analyst FP&A will be responsible for financial reporting of key lender and private equity packages, monthly analysis of key metrics and proactive P&L expense and variance reviews, identifying trends and opportunities in the business. The Senior Financial Analyst will play a key role in the refinement and continued evolution of models and reports that support our Budget and forecast processes. The successful candidate will work cross-functionally to help business partners identify opportunities for revenue maximization and/or expense abatement.
• Innovative reporting through existing tools and implementation of new reporting technology and improved automation.
• Conduct monthly financial review meetings with business managers. Provide variance reporting and work collaboratively to uncover solutions or opportunities to get back to Plan. Assess future needs of the business and provide feedback to leadership on potential short-term and long-term risks and opportunities.
• Perform various financial analyses or support on projects, cost containment or revenue enhancement opportunities, and related recommendations such as headcount, productivity, or comparative industry analyses.
• Proactively assess risk, develop alternatives, and implement recommendations to ensure the business unit meets their financial and strategic commitments.
• Develop a monthly/quarterly financial forecasting process by working with the business. Maintain business unit and cost center structure and related managers within the GL system.
• Conduct regular financial reviews with management examining actual results compared to budgets/forecasts and forward looking opportunities/risks.
• Capital expense tracking and forecasting, so that we have complete transparency to spend, identify potential overspends before they happen, and maintain seamless integration into our cash flow forecasting
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong Excel, Access, and PowerPoint skills required. Experience with reporting/financial tools such as BPC, Hyperion Essbase, Cognos or other financial consolidation tools preferred.
• Strong understanding of financial reporting.
• Demonstrated experience implementing process and systems improvements.
• Knowledge of GAAP and other related accounting and finance standards, policies and procedures.
8-10 years financial reporting, forecasting, planning and analysis experience, preferably in a dynamic, multi-unit retail or franchisee environment.
• Proven dedicated business support in a consultative or change agent roll.
• Able to work collaboratively with other functional departments and provide key financial and strategic thinking to their business ideas.
• Excellent modeling capabilities including cash flow, discounted cash flow, NPV, and IRR
• Strong understanding of the P&L, balance sheet, and cash flow statements and creating algorithms within spreadsheets that allow for quick and efficient sensitivity analyses.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
• Requires a bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, or Accounting
• MBA or CPA preferred
One of the ways we show our appreciation for the thousands of Heartland Teammates is by offering a comprehensive benefits package.
WHAT WE OFFER?
Competitive salary, vacation
Health plans including medical, dental and vision insurance
Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment insurance for Teammates, spouses and children
Optional additional life, accidental and critical incident insurance protection
Employee discounts on automotive services
Work schedules that are conducive to family life!
Apply now to connect with our recruiter for immediate consideration!