at Terumo BCT
Posted on Jun. 2, 2017
This position is responsible for the maintenance, monitoring, and enhancement of existing systems as well as the development of new financial systems critical to the functionality and stability of all accounting requirements of a manufacturing operation. This position will evaluate the adequacy of and implement improvements to those systems in accordance with IFRS and IRS regulations. Systems may include ledger/account maintenance, cost analysis, reconciliation, posting, inventory control and reporting.
- Computes and analyzes manufacturing variances and reviews with manufacturing personnel, providing timely and meaningful cost accounting information and analysis for manufacturing.
- Assists in the development of standard costs for assigned product lines and monitors actual performance against these standards.
- Works cross-functionally with business partners to prepare full profit and loss plans for assigned product lines and to develop cost estimates of new products.
- Responsible for evaluating the adequacy of existing procedures relating to inventory and production, tracking and analyzing results, detailing weaknesses, and implementing improvements.
- Analyzes General Ledger or sub-system output for consistency and accuracy and resolves questionable items.
- Analyzes and summarizes accounting data to make comparisons to similar data for other periods and prepares explanatory comments.
- Assists department managers with their budgets.
- Develops, maintains, and monitors financial systems to ensure integrity in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and Terumo BCT accounting procedures.
- Analyzes problems and implements solutions to ensure consistency and accuracy of the financial systems. Represents the department or company with internal and external customers to resolve problems of a non-routine nature.
- Ensures inventories are properly valued in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and assets are safely guarded.
- Provides training on transactions and procedures to internal customers as required.
- Develops reporting capabilities and understanding of the multiple systems applications within the Terumo BCT environment.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor's degree or, equivalent of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job may be considered.
Minimum 5 years experience in a manufacturing environment
- SAP experience preferred.
- An advanced degree or certification, such as an MBA, CCE, CMA or CPA beneficial.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge of the accounting requirements and practices generated by regulatory or professional outside agencies such as IFRS, IRS, and SEC.
- In-depth knowledge of and experience in a specialty area such as Taxes, Treasury, Credit, Cost Accounting, or Benefits.
- Demonstrated excellent analytical skills.
- Demonstrated thorough and in-depth understanding of the assigned systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge and use of relevant PC software applications and skills to use them effectively especially in the Microsoft Office suite of products including Access.
- Demonstrated dynamic and professional skills to impact the organization positively, drive efficiency and improvement in its processes, and achieve targeted goals and objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to provide timely, high quality, and accurate work.
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills and productive work habits.
- Demonstrated skills in problem-solving, conflict resolution, and influencing without authority.
- Demonstrated skills in team-building, consensus-building, and cross-functional coordination.
- Demonstrated presentation skills.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities and an expressed desire to assume incremental management responsibilities, potentially up to and including a senior management level.
An equivalent competency level acquired through a variation of these qualifications may be considered.
- Typical Office Environment requirements include: reading, speaking, hearing, close vision, walking, bending, sitting, and occasional lifting up to 20 pounds.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential duties of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. All applicants will be afforded equal opportunity without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, military status or an unfavorable discharge from military service.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks. As of January 1, 2017 the Terumo BCT Lakewood, Colorado location will be a tobacco-free workplace. For more information about Terumo BCT, visit our website www.terumobct.com/careers .
Join Terumo BCT as we unlock the potential of blood. We are a global leader in blood component and cellular technologies, and the only company with the unique combination of apheresis collections, manual and automated whole blood processing, and pathogen reduction coupled with leading technologies in therapeutic apheresis and cell processing. We believe in the potential of blood to do even more for patients than it does today. This belief inspires our innovation and strengthens our collaboration with customers.
As the largest medical device manufacturing company headquartered in Colorado, we are home to more than 2,300 associates and our products are in use in more than 125 countries and territories. Our Global footprint includes more than 5,500 associates and partners with regional headquarters in Brussels, Buenos Aires, Singapore and Tokyo.
Our company has almost $1B in annual revenues and has been voted and recognized as:
- Largest corporate sponsor in Rocky Mountain Region for Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (LLS)
- Winner of the Association for Talent Development (ATD) BEST Award for providing exceptional employee learning and talent development (2011 & 2012)
- One of Colorado's Healthiest Employers by Denver Business Journal (2014 & 2015)
- Recipient of the Way to Go Employer award through the Denver Regional Council of Governments (DRCOG) 2015
Our award-winning culture embraces:
- Leading technology through innovation and R&D
- Wellness programs
- Commitment to quality
- An environment that values, respects and rewards your individual contributions
- A philosophy of intentional growth and responsiveness to world health issues
Click Here to see what our associates have to say about our culture.
Each associate has a positive impact on our future by:
- Connecting to the lives of the patients we ultimately serve
- Growing through professional and leadership development activities
- Sharing company success through incentive plans
If you are the best at what you do and want to do work that is changing the delivery of healthcare globally, we invite you to work with us now to see how we can unlock your potential.
Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact the recruiter at:
We have preferred partners, no agency calls please
State: Colorado (US-CO)
Country: United States