at Terumo BCT
Posted on Sep. 28, 2016
The Federal Contracts Manager will be responsible for the entire grant/contract lifecycle, including identification of funding opportunities, proposal preparation, pre-award, during award, and close-out activities.
This position will be the Administrator for Federal Contracts and will work directly under the Director of Grants Management to ensure the coordination and integration of the contract requirements, project activities and deliverables are within cost, schedule and performance requirements of the contract. More specifically, this position is responsible for reviewing solicitations and preparing cost proposals; assisting in the development of technical proposals; performing cost/price analysis of subcontractor proposals; negotiating contracts in conjunction with TBCT Counsel; analyzing contract terms and conditions; administering contracts to ensure compliance (including timely authorizations and modifications, submission of deliverables, etc); effectively interfacing with client contracts representatives; monitoring contract budgets, expenditures, and projections; providing contractual guidance to project managers and other staff; assisting with subcontracting goals; and coordinating close-out activities. The successful candidate will work with the Terumo BCT departments, functions, and the executive management team to build robust programs and obtain federal, international and private funding that supports Terumo BCT's product development programs.
Success in this position depends on the ability to think strategically while managing multiple projects that require a high attention to detail. The successful candidate will be a self-starter; possess a high level of motivation and creativity; have the ability to work cooperatively and be effective at time management. As possible and appropriate, serve as the primary liaison and coordinator for TBCT's federal, international and other grant and contract partners.
Identification of Funding Opportunities
* Researches/monitors for new and possible funding opportunities.
* Guides/participates in 'strategic fit evaluation' of opportunities.
* Coordinates proposal preparation including completing internal and external forms, packaging all proposals, routing proposals for approval.
* Participates/influences cross-department efforts, management team decisions and maintains historical information.
* Embodies the inclusive and collaborative bottom-up ethic.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
* Minimum of Bachelor's of Science degree
* Minimum 8 years of progressive experience.
* Prefer experience working within a matrix environment
* Prefer experience managing a cross functional team
* Prefer experience in product development
* Prefer experience working in the medical device, pharmaceutical, biotechnology, or related fields
* Requires experience with program and project management methods.
* Basic knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations.
* Knowledge and experience of Defense Acquisition University training
* Demonstrated ability to lead a multi-discipline engineering and scientific team working on multiple projects.
* Skilled ability to balance commercial and development needs to accomplish global business area goals.
* Broad theoretical knowledge of management, quality, global regulatory standards, and/or manufacturing.
* Knowledge and use of relevant PC software applications and skills to use them effectively.
* Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
* Interpersonal skills.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
* Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or similar preferred.
* Passport may be required.
General Labor Environment requirements include: use of personal protective equipment, reading, speaking, hearing, walking, bending, standing, stretching/reaching, hand/finger dexterity, and occasional lifting up to 50 pounds, or transporting up to 500 pounds via carts or mechanized equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
ADDITIONAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
* Travel may be required.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. All applicants will be afforded equal opportunity without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, military status or an unfavorable discharge from military service.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks. As of January 1, 2017 the Terumo BCT Lakewood, Colorado location will be a tobacco-free workplace.