Posted on Sep. 30, 2016
Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, 401K, Disability Insurance
The Senior Accounts Receivable Specialist will be responsible for leading special projects as directed by AR Manager including:
** collecting payments for outstanding invoices
** researching denials, partial payments and overpayments
** reconcile customer accounts and ensuring payments received are reconciled to the correct obligations
Are you qualified? Do you have the following?
* 4+ yrs work experience in a business collection environment is required
* High school diploma or GED is required
* Some college coursework in accounting or business is preferred
* Prior medical billing and healthcare insurance experience is preferred
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Intermediate MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Access.
• Solid understanding of state laws and fee schedules and their impacts on billing and collections.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Detail oriented and able to multi-task.
• Ability to follow instruction, prioritize and meet strict deadlines.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Monitor progress of Accounts Receivable Associates in achieving goals.
• Coordinate with Manager to provide coaching and guidance to Accounts Receivable Associates as needed to help meet their goals.
• Lead special AR projects as needed to provide high quality results and meet predetermined deadlines.
• Collect outstanding balances as quickly as possible by applying collection best practices as defined by AR Management.
• Utilize various AR reports to target aged balances for collection in order to meet and maintain performance goals as set by AR Management.
• Evaluate denials and partial payments to determine if further reimbursement is valid and properly appeal within relative state workman’s compensation guidelines to facilitate payment from customers.
• Effectively participate in carrier meetings and conference calls as needed.
• Research and correct cash application of misapplied funds and payments on account for customer accounts as necessary.
• Identify and request adjustments to customer accounts as necessary while following departmental procedure and state workman’s compensation guidelines.
• Alert management to irregularities, customer trends and areas of concern.
• Maintain communication with direct Manager and promptly follow-up with other departments as needed.
• Update invoice lines worked with action/discovery message codes.
• Other related duties as assigned by management.
PHYSICAL/EMOTIONAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENTS:
• For roles located in office or home settings; this job is primarily sedentary and may involve repetitive motions; the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands and fingers, speak, and hear.
• For roles located in the field; this job is primarily active; the employee is regularly mobile and must be able to utilize transportation (such as driving), sit, use hands and fingers, speak, and hear.
• The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and lift objects (up to 10lbs weight; up to 4 ft. height).
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to see things from a close distance and ability to adjust focus.
• The work environment utilizes florescent lighting; noise level is moderate.
• The emotional demand of the job may cause undue stress from, but not limited to, moderate/heavy workload.
• Reasonable accommodations will be individually assessed and possibly made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
About One Call
No one looks forward to managing a Workers' Compensation claim. It can be a complex, time-consuming and costly experience. You need a partner who understands the process and can provide the expertise and services you require every step of the way. As the nation’s leading provider of specialized cost containment services to the Workers’ Compensation industry, you can count on One Call Care Management to reduce the headaches and hassles and help you achieve faster, more efficient and more cost-effective resolution of claims. From high-end diagnostic procedures, to transportation and language services, to superior dental programs and other medical specialties, One Call is there for you with reliable, consistent connections to care and improved outcomes. With One Call, you’re assured of the highest quality and most cost effective services from impeccably credentialed providers. You can relax knowing that through One Call you receive the finest care in the nation – as quickly as possible.