Posted on Sep. 21, 2016
SENIOR ACCOUNTANT - TIMESHARE SALES ACCOUNTING
Perform the accounting activities associated with the production of financial information and statements for the assigned area of responsibility within the Sales and Marketing operation. Provide accounting and financial support to operational and business partners.
* Perform the full cycle of accounting activities related to the production of financial statements; including creating and posting journal entries, analyzing financial results, and writing financial narratives. Ensure that all deadlines are met and all deliverables are completed with a high quality product.
* Prepare bank and balance sheet reconciliations related to assigned area of responsibility. Ensure all schedules are completed timely and efficiently. Verify that all reconciling items are researched and resolved promptly.
* Work effectively with team members within Accounting and across departments to effect changes and complete special projects required as part of company-wide goals and objectives.
* Research, analyze, resolve and document accounting issues or processes as assigned by leadership.
* Identify opportunities for improvement by reviewing current processes for automation, consolidation or reengineering.
What are we looking for?
Hilton Grand Vacations is a leader in the vacation ownership industry, operating with an unwavering commitment to innovation, quality, and continued growth. At the core of our company's success are our Team Members. To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
* Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
* 3-5 years related accounting experience
* Experience in general ledger accounting required, in a large multi-site corporate environment.
* Demonstrated ability to interpret, comprehend and place into practice GAAP guidance as issued by FASB.
* Highly proficient in Excel.
* Analytical team player, self-motivated and a self-starter.
* Must be able to work occasional evenings, weekends and/or holidays.
* Master's Degree
* 6 years related accounting experience
* Timeshare, real estate development, property management or hospitality accounting experience.
* Public accounting experience.
* PeopleSoft accounting software experience.
* Strong organizational skills in a fluid, entrepreneurial corporate environment.
WHAT WILL IT BE LIKE TO BE A TEAM MEMBER WITH HILTON GRAND VACATIONS?
There's something truly unique about Hilton Grand Vacations. The foundation of our culture has been about creating memorable experiences and making a positive impact within our industry and the communities in which we live and work. Our Team Members are the driving force behind these efforts. It is their talent, passion, and commitment to our brand that has fueled the success of Hilton Grand Vacations.
Hilton Grand Vacations develops, markets, and operates a system of brand-name, high-quality vacation ownership resorts in highly desirable vacation destinations. Our company also manages and operates two innovative club membership programs: Hilton Grand Vacations Grand Vacations Club(R) and The Hilton Club(R), providing exclusive exchange, leisure travel, and reservation services for more than 250,000 Club Members.