at Terumo BCT
Posted on Sep. 17, 2016
The Senior Accountant reports to the Accounting Manager and is responsible for assisting in the monthly general ledger close, balance sheet and income statement variance analysis, cost center expense monthly analysis, maintaining the integrity and accuracy of the general ledger, and preparing account reconciliations.
* Prepares manual journal entries relating to revenue including rebates, sales cutoff and incentives.
* Performs accounting review for contracts relating to revenue and sales contracts.
* Processes journal entries for month-end close, balance sheet account reconciliations.
* Prepare and present financial statements for monthly review meetings.
* Assists in documentation and monitoring of JSOX internal controls.
* Completes cost center expense variance analysis and account reconciliations.
* Assists in preparing supporting schedules for external auditors and responding to audit inquiries.
* Contributes to and/or leads special projects and other tasks as they arise.
* Process and analyze large data files and synthesize data into relevant information.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration or equivalent of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job may be considered.
* 3+ years experience in transactional accounting and/or auditing.
* Experience preparing and presenting monthly financial results.
* Experience with month end close process and short close windows
* SAP Experience (preferred)
* Excellent understanding of transactional accounting and the impact of transactions on financial statements.
* Advanced or expert user of Microsoft Excel, experienced with Access, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
* Ability to understand database structure and ability to find information in complex databases.
* Ability to meet tough deadlines while providing quality and accurate results.
* Planning and organizing skills with orientation to attention to detail.
* Self-directed individual with strong motivation and willing to take initiative.
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
Typical Office Environment requirements include: reading, speaking, hearing, close vision, walking, bending, sitting, and occasional lifting up to 20 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. All applicants will be afforded equal opportunity without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, military status or an unfavorable discharge from military service.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks. As of January 1, 2017 the Terumo BCT Lakewood, Colorado location will be a tobacco-free workplace.