Posted on Sep. 1, 2016
The world’s leading private security organization, G4S, has an immediate job opportunity for a Traditional Security Officer.
G4S is a security provider for the United States government, Fortune 500 companies, Nuclear Power Plants, Oil and Gas Companies, Airport, Ports, Banks, Hospitals, Factories, Warehouses, Commercial Facilities, Residential Communities and much more.
G4S offers job security, excellent pay and benefits, and career opportunities. We offer careers across the USA and internationally.
• Perform security patrols of designated areas on foot or in vehicle.
• Watch for irregular or unusual conditions that may create security concerns or safety hazards.
• Sound alarms, call police or fire department in case of fire or presence of unauthorized persons
• Warn violators of rule infractions, such as loitering, smoking or carrying forbidden articles.
• Permit authorized persons to enter property and monitor entrances and exits.
• Observe departing personnel to protect against theft of company property and ensure that authorized removal of property is conducted within appropriate client requirements.
• Investigate and prepare reports on accidents, incidents, and suspicious activities.
• Provide assistance to customers, employees and visitors in a courteous and professional manner.
Education, Licenses and Certifications Required:
• Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
• Must be able to pass any State-required training or other qualifications for licensing.
• Pass a State licensing test if driving a company-owned or client-provided vehicle.
Type and Length of Specific Experience Required:
If previously employed, meaningful and verifiable work history.
• Ability to operate radio or telephone equipment and/or console monitors.
• Ability to interact cordially and communicate with the public.
• Effective oral and written communication skills.
• Active listening skills.
• Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively.
• Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately.
• Attention to detail.
• Must be at least 18 years old or the minimum age required by the State.
• Must be a U.S. citizen or a foreign citizen authorized to legally work in the United States.
• Must have access to reliable transportation.
• Must not use illegal drug and must be able to pass a drug test with negative results (except when undergoing documented medical treatment).
• Must submit to an extensive background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verification's, and Department of Motor Vehicle and credit checks if applicable.
• If Prior Military; must be able to provide, upon job offer, a DD214 discharge document with discharge status.
Upon acceptance of a job offer, must be able to pass the following:
• MMPI - Psychological testing, if armed or otherwise required
• Physical exam, if armed or required by client contract
Physical Requirements and Environment
• Environment: Indoor and outdoor temperature ranges from moderate to extreme cold and heat.
• Major activity: Walking, Standing, Speaking, Listening, and Observing.
• Physical efforts to carry out job duties: Standing, walking, sitting and minimal to no stooping or kneeling.
EOE Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
G4S is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and an Alcohol- and Drug-Free Workplace.