Posted on Jul. 11, 2017
Full Time, Part Time
UNARMED SECURITY OFFICER / GUARD
Westlake Village and Thousand Oaks Areas
***For those willing to work Flexible Shifts (Available as needed)
you will receive more hourly pay.***
PART TIME AND FULL TIME POSITIONS AVAILABLE
The world's leading private security organization, G4S, has an immediate job opportunity for a Traditional Security Officer. G4S is a security provider for the United States government, fortune 500 companies, nuclear power plants, oil and gas companies, airport, ports, banks, hospitals, factories, warehouses, commercial facilities, residential communities and much more.
G4S offers job security, excellent pay and benefits, and career opportunities. We offer entry level careers, management careers, sales careers and executive careers across the United States and internationally.
- Professional training provided
- Paid training
- Free uniforms and equipment
- Vacation Package
- Advancement Opportunities
- Perform security patrols of designated areas on foot or in vehicle
- Watch for irregular or unusual conditions that may create security concerns or safety hazards
- Sound alarms or call police or fire department in case of fire or presence of unauthorized persons
- Warn violators of rule infractions, such as loitering, smoking or carrying forbidden articles
- Permit authorized persons to enter property and monitors entrances and exits
- Observe departing personnel to protect against theft of company property and ensure that authorized removal of property is conducted within appropriate client requirements
- Investigate and prepare reports on accidents, incidents, and suspicious activities
- Provide assistance to customers, employees and visitors in a courteous and professional manner
The Ideal Candidate:
- Education, Licenses and Certifications Required
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must possess a current and valid Bureau of Security and -
Investigative Services (BSIS) Security Officer License issued by the State of California
- Pass a State licensing test if driving a company-owned or client-provided vehicle
- If previously employed, meaningful and verifiable work history
- Ability to operate radio or telephone equipment and/or console monitors
- Ability to interact cordially and communicate with the public
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
- Attention to detail
- Must be at least 18 years old or the minimum age required by the State
- Must be a U.S. citizen or a foreign citizen authorized to legally work in the United States
- Must have access to reliable transportation
- Must not use illegal drugs. Must be able to pass a drug test with negative results (except when undergoing documented medical treatment).
- Must submit to an extensive background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications, and Department of Motor Vehicle and credit checks if applicable
- Environment: Indoor and outdoor, temperature ranges from moderate to extreme cold and heat
G4S is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
and an Alcohol- and Drug-Free Workplace
EOE Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Apply Online OR Apply in Person Today!
1. Fill out the "Quick Apply" Form and select "Apply Now", then select "employer address" to apply in person or click on the link provided to apply online.
NO EMAILS PLEASE. Only applicants who apply in person or apply online will be considered for this position.