Posted on Oct. 13, 2017
Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K
$15.16 Hourly + Full Benefits
• Obtain criminal background reports for applicants to Affordable Housing and Housing Choice Voucher Program and disseminate information to program staff.
• Assist in investigating, analyzing, and evaluating the validity of reports of criminal behavior by contractors, property owners and residents of public and assisted housing connected with the Tulsa Housing Authority (THA) and report findings to THA management.
• Serve legal documents as required.
• Other duties may be assigned.
• Obtain criminal background reports for assisted housing applicants from a computerized data system and disseminate information to appropriate housing staff.
• Investigate, analyze, and evaluate reports of suspected criminal behavior by residents involving, but not limited to, unauthorized household members and unreported income.
• Investigate and evaluate reports of suspected criminal behavior by property owners or contractors involving, but not limited to, illegal side payments and receipt of unentitled Housing Assistance Payments (HAP) payments.
• Manage caseloads that may require the coordination of multiple field investigations and report preparation.
• Review and copy pertinent records, locate witnesses, and conduct interviews.
• Develop concise reports with documentation/evidence outlining the elements of proof to determine severity of the violation.
• Collect and prepare required information pertaining to cases filed by the District Attorney or the U.S. Attorney.
• Coordinate fraud investigation activities with other state and federal agencies by assisting THA law enforcement officers in conducting joint investigations.
• Appear and testify as a witness in court trials if required. Develop investigative and interviewing techniques by becoming well versed in THA policy and procedures, leases and house rules.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school and a minimum of three (3) years experience as an investigator with an organized law enforcement organization preferred. Additional years of experience as an investigator will offset the education requirement at the rate of two (2) years experience for one (1) year education.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Must be a Licensed Process Server.
• Valid Oklahoma Driver’s License
The Housing Authority of the City of Tulsa (THA) is a federally funded public agency responsible for administering public housing and Section 8 rental assistance programs for eligible low-income families living in the Tulsa city limits. THA is governed by a five-member Board of Commissioners appointed by the Mayor.
To be a leading Public Housing Agency that enhances the quality of life in Tulsa through the efforts of a professional, caring and responsive staff and Board.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
We perform criminal background checks and drug testing.
Qualified candidates should submit a resume, apply online or through "Quick Apply."