Posted on May. 8, 2017
Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K
Looking for a full time career where you are part of the family and not a number?
Michael's Finer Meats and Seafoods, a Division of the Chef’s Warehouse, is a great place to work with a lively team environment that makes you feel like you're part of the family. We have been serving the finest restaurants and steakhouses since 1962 and we wouldn't be where we are today without the talented and dedicated people, who cut, package, sell and deliver Michael's Finer Meats and Seafoods.
We are seeking strong, reliable and ambitious individuals for the following positions in our state of the art processing facility.
• Schedule: Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, and Friday 10:00am-6:30pm. Off Tuesday and Saturday
• Full time
• Salary Structure: Hourly
• Background Checks: Criminal and Drug Screen
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Processes fresh fish for customer orders.
• Maintain cleanliness of work space by performing the following duties.
• Selects products from pick ticket and stage orders.
• Assembles customer orders from stock and places orders on pallets or shelves, or conveys orders to packing station or shipping department to prepare for shipping.
• Fills requisitions, work orders, or requests for stock items and distributes items.
• Uses electric scaling machine to scale fish- involves standing for long periods.
• High school diploma or GED; or one to three months related experience.
• Ability to read/write and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
• Ability to effectively communicate one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and employees.
• Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide.
• Able to use a scan gun.
• Must be able to work in refrigerated rooms from 30-36 degrees and freezers.
• The employee must frequently lift and/or move 15-50 pounds and up to 100 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell.
• Health, Dental, Vision and more; eligible after 30 days
• Paid time off
• Attendance programs
• Employee discounts
Please include job history or resume.
The above job description and requirements are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.