at Terumo BCT
Posted on Jun. 15, 2017
The Scrum Master is responsible for ensuring the Scrum Agile method for software development life-cycle is understood, and enacted as implemented by Terumo BCT. Scrum Masters do this by ensuring that the Scrum Team adheres to defined Scrum theory, practices, and rules.
The Scrum Master is a people-oriented position. The Scrum Master is a servant-leader for the Scrum Team. The Scrum Master helps those outside the Scrum Team understand which of their interactions with the Scrum Team are helpful and which aren't. The Scrum Master helps everyone to change these interactions to maximize the value created by the Scrum Team.
* Helping the team continuously improve effectiveness and efficiencies.
* Facilitating Scrum ceremonies including daily stand-ups, sprint planning, retrospectives and reflections.
* Coaching the Scrum Team in self-organization and cross-functionality.
* Providing visibility to the organization on the progress of the team towards incremental goals.
* Helping the Scrum Team to create high-value products.
* Removing impediments to the Scrum Team's progress.
* Helping the Product Owner arrange the Product Backlog to maximize value.
* Supporting the team in the completion of Design Control artifacts and deliverables.
* Acting as a champion of Agile methodologies for the team and within the organization
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Providing feedback to line management on each team member's contribution to team related goals.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor's degree or, equivalent of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job may be considered.
* Minimum 4 years experience in a related software field.
* 1 year working in Scrum Master or related project management or development management discipline role is a plus
* Scrum Master certification preferred
* Experience in developing software in a regulated environment is a plus
* Work as team member with peers and other levels within entire organization, including external peers. Interact with cross-functional team members and domain leads.
* Demonstrated understanding of Agile Software Development Lifecycle models including Scrum, XP, Kanban, etc.
* Strong knowledge of Agile Scrum methods and techniques: User Stories, Backlog Grooming, Planning, Agile Games.
* Experience with Agile planning tools such as TFS, JIRA, etc. is a plus
* Strong communication skills, both verbal and written is a must
* Demonstrable ability to recognize interpersonal issues and facilitate resolution, knowing when to involve others
An equivalent competency level acquired through a variation of these qualifications may be considered.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Certified Scrum Master Preferred
* Typical Office Environment requirements include: reading, speaking, hearing, close vision, walking, bending, sitting, and occasional lifting up to 20 pounds.
* The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential duties of this job.
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. All applicants will be afforded equal opportunity without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, military status or an unfavorable discharge from military service.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks. As of January 1, 2017 the Terumo BCT Lakewood, Colorado location will be a tobacco-free workplace. For more information about Terumo BCT, visit our website www.terumobct.com/careers .
JOIN TERUMO BCT AS WE UNLOCK THE POTENTIAL OF BLOOD. We are a global leader in blood component and cellular technologies, and the only company with the unique combination of apheresis collections, manual and automated whole blood processing, and pathogen reduction coupled with leading technologies in therapeutic apheresis and cell processing. We believe in the potential of blood to do even more for patients than it does today. This belief inspires our innovation and strengthens our collaboration with customers.
As the largest medical device manufacturing company headquartered in Colorado, we are home to more than 2,300 associates and our products are in use in more than 125 countries and territories. Our Global footprint includes more than 5,500 associates and partners with regional headquarters in Brussels, Buenos Aires, Singapore and Tokyo.
Our company has almost $1B in annual revenues and has been voted and recognized as:
* Largest corporate sponsor in Rocky Mountain Region for Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (LLS)
* Winner of the Association for Talent Development (ATD) BEST Award for providing exceptional employee learning and talent development (2011 & 2012)
* One of Colorado's Healthiest Employers by Denver Business Journal (2014 & 2015)
* Recipient of the Way to Go Employer award through the Denver Regional Council of Governments (DRCOG) 2015
Our award-winning culture embraces:
* Leading technology through innovation and R&D
* Wellness programs
* Commitment to quality
* An environment that values, respects and rewards your individual contributions
* A philosophy of intentional growth and responsiveness to world health issues
Click Here to see what our associates have to say about our culture.
Each associate has a positive impact on our future by:
* Connecting to the lives of the patients we ultimately serve
* Growing through professional and leadership development activities
* Sharing company success through incentive plans
IF YOU ARE THE BEST AT WHAT YOU DO AND WANT TO DO WORK THAT IS CHANGING THE DELIVERY OF HEALTHCARE GLOBALLY, WE INVITE YOU TO WORK WITH US NOW TO SEE HOW WE CAN UNLOCK YOUR POTENTIAL.
Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact the recruiter at:
We have preferred partners, no agency calls please
STATE: Colorado (US-CO)
COUNTRY: United States