Posted on Oct. 10, 2016
Teacher – SCIENCE SECONDARY
Division: Licensed Personnel
Terms of Employment: 9/12 Months
FLSA STATUS: EXEMPT
This is a salaried position assigned to the Licensed Employee Salary Schedule.
POSITION SUMMARY: The teacher will implement into the daily instruction appropriate educational curriculum based on
the Nevada State Standards and course syllabi. The teacher will create and maintain an educational atmosphere that
encourages effective student learning and supports school and district programs and goals. This person will be expected
to adhere to the CCSD Professional Domains and Standards for Licensed Employees and report directly to the school
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This list of Essential Duties and Responsibilities is not exhaustive and may be supplemented.
1. Administer appropriate district curriculum which is aligned with the Nevada State Standards.
2. Ensure the opportunity for all students to learn in a supportive environment.
3. Create and maintain a positive, orderly, and academically focused learning condition in the instructional
4. Develop and implement the Components of an Effective Science Lesson.
5. Diagnose and analyze student progress and provide appropriate instruction.
6. Provide a classroom management/discipline plan ensuring safety at all times.
7. Ensure assessment regulations and guidelines are followed at all times.
8. Develop a classroom climate that promotes positive learning conditions.
9. Work professionally with administrators, staff, parents, and community.
10. Integrate technology into the instructional program.
11. Embed the inquiry process into science instruction.
12. Ensure that laboratory opportunities are an integral part of science instruction.
13. Participate in other job-related duties and activities related to the position as assigned.
1. Demonstrate knowledge, skill, and ability to provide instruction in a secondary classroom.
2. Work cooperatively with students, parents, peers, administration, and community members.
3. Guide the learning process toward achievement of curriculum goals.
4. Establish and communicate clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects.
5. Employ a variety of instructional techniques and strategies aligned with instructional objectives, in order to meet the
needs of all students.
6. Participate as an active member with other faculty and staff.
7. Maintain accurate and complete records as required by law and district policy.
8. Maintain and improve professional competence.
9. Communicate effectively both written and orally.
10. Perform other job-related duties as assigned by principal.
Education and Training:
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university.
2 of 2
Licenses and Certifications:
1. Must possess or be able to acquire a Nevada teaching license issued by the Nevada Department of Education.
2. Certified in relevant subject area.
When applying for a certificated licensed position, candidates must meet the minimum qualifications as listed on the
appropriate position vacancy announcement.
Apply online, see apply method, click on "APPLY NOW" for website address and to complete online application.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION / EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
This employer does not knowingly discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age,
disability, or national origin.