Posted on Feb. 12, 2018
SchoolWheels Direct is Now Hiring
$1,000 SIGN ON BONUS AVAILABLE!
THE SCHOOLWHEELS DIRECT DIFFERENCE
We provide safe, reliable transportation to and from school where traditional transportation is not provided. We connect directly with schools or parents to create routes, provide easy payment options, and deliver students safely and on time to school every day.
Students ride in the safest, state-of-the-art vehicles in the industry featuring cameras, GPS, and WiFi* systems on board.
As a Bus Driver for SchoolWheels Direct, you will be under the supervision of a manager, dispatcher or trainer. In this role you will be operating a school bus or van over designated bus routes and transporting school aged individuals. In addition, a School Bus driver may transport various clients for charter trips.
Our drivers are trained professionals who meet the highest state and federal certification standards. We are backed by Student Transportation of America, the nation’s most-trusted transportation provider.
We offer exciting career opportunities for transportation professionals.
We strongly believe the cycle of success starts with treating employees well, and we do that by creating a sense of family, pride and empowerment, to foster employees that are happy and who deliver reliable, safe, on-time service.
With our number one focus being on safety, we offer a professional work environment, flexible schedules, competitive wages, group medical plans and outstanding opportunities for growth and promotion.
Free training is available for those who want to become professional school bus drivers, including preparation for your written CDL exam, road evaluations, and classroom and additional behind-the-wheel instruction.
• On The Job Training
• No Experience Necessary
• Exceptional CDL Training Program
• Youngest Fleet in the Industry
• Cutting Edge Facilities
• Bring your young children to work with you
• Competitive Wages
• Flexible Schedule
• Great company culture
• Working for an industry leader in a organization with over 12,000 employees
• Ability to give back to the community.
Education requirementsPreferred Employment Standards:
• High School Diploma
• Certificate of training in first aid and CPR if required by contract.
Qualifications· Must be over the age of 21.
• Must be able to pass a DOT physical examination .
• Demonstrated proficiency in the operation of assigned vehicles. May include extra equipment such as wheelchair lifts, and air brakes under all road and weather conditions.
Must be committed to training and processes.
· Must have a minimum of 5 years verifiable driving history.
· No more than 2 moving violations in the past 3 years .
· Ability to adhere to all company safety standards and operating procedures.
· Ability to successfully pass a background check.
Responsibilities• Conduct Pre-Trip vehicle inspections to ensure safe Operation
• Drive a school bus route - picking up and dropping off student passengers at established stops on route
• Conduct post-trip vehicle inspections
• Attend and participate in safety meetings
• Clean bus as necessary to maintain professional appearance and positive company image
• As requested or desired take field Trip, activity and charter Runs to transport Student and Other Passengers to and From their destinations