Posted on Oct. 3, 2016
Health Insurance, 401K
JCPS Bus Drivers (Full Time)
Starting Pay $16.58 per hour / Paid Training Provided!
(wage progression up to $25.17 per hour plus benefits)
Consider the other benefits of driving for JCPS…
You can dress casually, there is no night or weekend work,
you have a winter break, spring break, and your summer off.
If you are 21 with a high school diploma, GED or are working toward your GED you can qualify.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Provides safe transportation of students to their assigned school. Drivers must successfully complete a school bus driver training program and remain current on all pupil transportation policies and procedures.
• Operates the school bus in accordance with all laws, rules and regulations of the State Board of Education and the Jefferson County Public Schools.
• Observes the schedule and routes provided by transportation services.
• Reports promptly to the area coordinator when unable to drive allowing adequate time for the assignment of a substitute driver.
• Successfully demonstrates acceptable student management techniques and follows established procedures for reporting student management concerns to building principals.
• Reports all accidents and/or injuries to assigned compound and transportation offices.
• Submits required reports and attends meetings when required by administrative staff.
• Performs a minimum of four (4) emergency bus evacuation drills annually at each school under the supervision of the principal.
• Completes appropriate form to report all vehicle safety and mechanical concerns.
• Provides effective communication with parents, students, and District personnel.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Area Coordinator.
• High School Diploma or G.E.D.
• Valid driver’s license with evidence of a good driving record
• Valid CDL License or participation in paid training program to obtain CDL License required.
• Must be 21 years of age
• Practices effective written and verbal communication skills
• Knowledge of school system policies and procedures
• Experience working with children
The work is primarily sedentary. It requires the ability to communicate effectively using speech, vision and hearing. The work requires the use of hands for simple grasping, pushing and pulling of arm controls and fine manipulations. The work requires the use of feet for repetitive movements. The work requires bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, reaching, with the ability to carry, push, or pull medium weights. The work requires activities involving being around moving machinery, exposure to marked changes in temperature and humidity, driving automotive equipment, and exposure to dust, fumes and gases.
Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Offering Equal Educational Opportunities
For more information by phone address to apply in person or to apply online, please complete the "Quick Apply" box at the top of the page and follow the prompts.