Posted on May. 4, 2017
The primary purpose of this position is to maintain the cleanliness of the plant including cleaning and sanitizing bakery equipment and facilities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Detail and sanitize equipment on production lines
• Dump trash bins
• Perform janitorial maintenance of office areas
• Clean plant floors
• Clean shipping and receiving docks
• Clean other areas of the bakery as needed.
• Complies with all safety rules and regulations including use of personal protection equipment (hearing protection, etc.) as required.
• Will follow established programs, policies and practices to produce safe quality foods that meet regulatory and company requirements.
• Will support the development, implementation, maintenance, and ongoing improvement of the SQF 2000 Systems.
• Will be accountable to the Kroger Manufacturing Food Safety and Quality Principles.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
• Education/Experience: High School diploma/GED
• Language Skills: Ability to read a limited number of two- and three-syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. Ability to print and speak simple sentences and understand operational, procedural and safety requirements of the job in English.
• Mathematical Skills: Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s; Ability to perform these operations using American units of money and weight, volume and distance measurement.
• Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common-sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
• Minimum 18 years of age (operates machinery, drives a forklift)
• Ability to pass drug test
• Committed to customer service
• Ability and willingness to move with purpose and strong sense of urgency
• Ability to work weekends on a regular basis
• Ability to work overtime on a regular basis
• Ability to work any shift
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Familiarity with commercial bakery terms and processes
• Knowledge of Fred Meyer policies, procedures and organizational structure
• Ability to learn and apply all safety practices applicable to the job
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Fork lift truck certification/license may be required.